Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Move the (arrow) cursor with json-rpc ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I try to remote control XBMC (frodo) running in openELEC on an RPI using the JSON-RPC API.
Globally, it's working, but I would like to use the mouse on my client-PC to control (move) the XBMC's cursor,
feature-like what be done with an Xserver (ex: Synergy), but there is no Xserver under XBMC in openELEC.
Is this possible ?, maybe with the 2 Input.Action(s) mousedrag and mousemove ?,
I didn't find any info about them (purpose, example of usage).
No that's not possible AFAIK. The "mousedrag" and "mousemove" actions require additional parameters which you can't provide through JSON-RPC.
So, what is the purpose of each of the following Input.Action(s) ?:
"leftclick", "rightclick", "middleclick",
"doubleclick",
"wheelup", "wheeldown",
"mousedrag", "mousemove"

The names tends to let me say they have something to do with "mouse-alike" events.

Is there somewhere a "documentation" or an "example of usage" of these actions (a json-call Input.ExecuteAction) ?,
I couldn't find any.
These are all actions that are available within XBMC. JSON-RPC just copies the list of all of these actions and provides them in the API even though some of them may not actually be usable because they require additional data. So all of those mouse-related actions are most likely useless through JSON-RPCs Input.Action.