Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thumbnails after rebuild mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to rebuild mysql server after a virus and to be safe my htpc aswell. I backed up my library by exporting to one file, rebuilt mysql and my client and imported the backed up library.

Problem , I had tremendous issues getting my thumbnails to appear on my htpc. I tried deleting textures db and thumbnails from my backed up xbmc folder and then just tried a fresh xbmc folder but still although library working, no thumbs. In the end I imported the library again and the thumbnails appeared thankfully but now I am having the same issue on some other machine which are connecting to the same library. There is only one videos db on the server so not sure why this is, shouldn't xbmc get the location of the thumbs from the shared library and redownload them if they are needed?

I have tried cleaning etc. Frodo by the way., not had a chance to check logs yet which I'll do after work...
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens. I can't recall for sure, but I think when re-importing a database from a single file in Frodo, the saved url for the thumbs might get changed.
Strangeness, imported the lib the other machine and now got all thumbs there but they have now gone from the main htpc again. Something is different between the two and one is overwriting the other. They were compiled at different time but if something in the database had changed wouldn't there be another database created? And on the main machine log just now is is saying it has found videos it already has. More testing I think is needed.
Fixed by changing source type and changing it back again, thumbs redownloaded now the same on all machines and I still have my wathched statuses. Phew.