Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Manager for Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Hi,
There are a few Media Manager software available but for Movies and TV-Shows only.
Is there anything for Music as well ?
ok ill say it before someone else gives you the ole "use mp3 tag or music brainz or tag it to make sure your ID3 tags are set correctly and then xbmcs internal scrapers will do all the work" spiel that i read every time someone asks about an external music media manager...there aren't any that im aware of ...i wish there were because as great as the internal scrapers are ...and they are great if configured properly and your media is well organized...sitting at your tv with remote in hand flipping thru movie/tv shows/ music files one at a time to press 3 or 4 buttons cause you don't like the cover the scrapper chose for you is annoying after a while when you have a massive media collection.
a web interface or external program makes the task of organizing your media files and making them look pretty far less tedious for those of us that are OCD about having everything "just right" but thus far i haven't found one for Music.
Mostly agree with you and see the point for an upgrade of what mp3 taggers do for the specific needs of music.

There is one thing, which is completely missing - no existing mp3 tagger allows to create artist NFO files, fanart and artist poster. This is completely missing and would be create if someone would be willing to pick this up. Would be fantastic if a developers could see how much effort it is. I am basically talking about a music artist manager (artist NFO, artist fanart, artist poster).

Having said this, I don't see the need for this "new" music manager to have full tagging functionality. Existing music taggers like MB Picard (which I think is by far the best, though takes time to ge used to it) or mp3tag (easy to use) do this well and it would probably be a huge task to re-do all of this yet again for a music manager. And I wouldn't see the need for it.
A good tool to start would be Media Monkey. You can bulk update tags.. so for example to give one artist has a consistent genre, even if they're kept in separate folders.. (such as albums).

Media Monkey will also help you download the CD covers from Amazon, and you can save them as folder.jpg (or album name) into each folder.
Media monkey can run scripts, so maybe someone in that community has already created a viable script to automate the task.

There is a better tool for this job called Album Art Downloader that scans a variety of sources (including iTunes) to get the CD cover (and you can see the size of the image)
link here
As Steve said: It's not about anything related to the mp3 files. It's about getting

- an artist picture
- an artist description
- an artist fanart
- (maybe) a description for the albums

There are some scrapers for music as addons for xbmc that already catch those up. But there are still many bands/artists out there that aren't covered by those scrapers, and for THAT SITUATION an editor for adding/writing that data into nfos and adding pictures would be VERY handy.
Let's not forget the people like me, who want to have their content locally, a media manager for music is really needed. The export function in XBMC, together with scraping, are a pain in the ass if you want to make your DB look nice, complete and local! I really want an ember media manager for music ...
(2013-05-14, 15:55)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]Let's not forget the people like me, who want to have their content locally...
that's the point, all info collected by xbmc scrapers is in english
A tool to collect data and images of artists and albums is under development now by Macedo (XBMC Brasil forum admin), just collecting data in pt-br (Portuguese Brazil), but I believe that in the final version, you can select/change the language.. It´s an musical ember, now I am testing artists module, and can say that is perfect, attending 100% of my needs.

Wow, that's a great news, for a long time i'm expecting for something like this
Hi Wanilton...is there a download link or a post in xbmc forum for the tool?

Thanks!
@CygnusHyoga, does not exist thread/posts or link to download at the moment, the tool is still in development, with no deadline for conclusion. When finished, I will bring more information.
It looks promising i can't wait til it comes to fruition.
Thanks Wanilton!...I look forward to the tool to be launched!
Wow, this is exactly what I have been waiting for for quite a while. Very cool that someone is bringing it alive!!!

Looking forward to seeing a first release. Happy to test in whatever language out there ;-)
Oh my god! this is exactly what I need. But please, have it in English as well! Wanilton, please keep us posted on this exciting topic!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21