Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-25, 01:27)Omegatron Wrote: [ -> ]- implement the option to turn of the recently viewed stuff?, i.e. when watching a movie but turning it off half way and standing on main menu ' movie' that it doesnt tell me i watched 50% of a movie and can continue it from main menu. (same goes for music and TV-shows). You had the option to turn it off in MQ4

You can already turn this off. Go to:
Settings/Skin settings/Main menu/ - disable "show progress panel"

(2013-03-25, 01:23)jonathanwash Wrote: [ -> ]3. Last, the pause screen is a little crazy.
Maybe it's just me but I like less clutter and this is a bit much.

I hope I'm not too annoying and thank you again for the great skin.

I agree with this. Sometimes the whole point of a Pause screen is so you can see something in the movie/tv show you are watching. i.e try watching Spartacus without a pause button Angel
Hi,

I noticed something. I customize the home menu background but when i enter music menu, the fanart is the original skin background. (I haven't artist fanart)
I know i can change it manualy in the skin folder, but i will change again with next update. Can you consider fix that?

Another point is in the video OSD. When XBMC is in pause or when I press " i ", the panel shows clearart end logo on the right. I think it should looks better with logo on the left to equilibrilate the screen.

Is Ace compatible with Advanced laucher? If not, do you plan to add it?

Last point, did you think about adding an option for banner right list instead of the label of the tvshow ( with label of the show only on focus) ?

Thx in advance. I'm now using Ace everyday and it's really an amazing skin.

Edit: I can't download extrapack. I've got a message on all my PC "update failed". Same message when i press "delete the database and download the package again". Any idea?
(2013-03-25, 08:48)Bigmonty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 01:23)jonathanwash Wrote: [ -> ]3. Last, the pause screen is a little crazy.
Maybe it's just me but I like less clutter and this is a bit much.

I hope I'm not too annoying and thank you again for the great skin.

I agree with this. Sometimes the whole point of a Pause screen is so you can see something in the movie/tv show you are watching. i.e try watching Spartacus without a pause button Angel

It may not be the same in ACE, I haven't attempted it myself, but in MQ4 you can remove a lot of the 'clutter' from the pause menu by pressing 'M' while watching something and selecting the furniture button.
(2013-03-25, 08:48)Bigmonty Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 01:27)Omegatron Wrote: [ -> ]- implement the option to turn of the recently viewed stuff?, i.e. when watching a movie but turning it off half way and standing on main menu ' movie' that it doesnt tell me i watched 50% of a movie and can continue it from main menu. (same goes for music and TV-shows). You had the option to turn it off in MQ4

You can already turn this off. Go to:
Settings/Skin settings/Main menu/ - disable "show progress panel"

Ok cool, thats 1 thing solved, i thought disabeling this option wouldnt show me the music progress bar (when paying a song the main menu changes to the duration of the song). silly me Big Grin

thanks!
(2013-03-24, 14:27)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 12:18)Bigmonty Wrote: [ -> ]In the view below is there any way of getting rid of the language info the the top left corner. It's pretty useless info for a person that only has English lang films and it clutters up the view.

Thanks

How do you get that dvd disc in the bottom left?

@Bigmonty, I'll include an option to disable it.

@Skank, The only way to get the arts properly is using the script Artwork Downloader. Go to the top menu / addons / auto mode
(2013-03-25, 00:08)JimThend Wrote: [ -> ]Nuovo problema .. vorrei sapere perché quando inizia la seconda canzone sparisco sempre le informazioni ( New problem .. I would like to know why when the second song disappear forever information )

Inizio ( first song )

Dalla seconda canzone .. (From the second song )

Works correctly for me, but not always the script finds artist data for several reasons, such as wrongly tagged or some other reason.

(2013-03-25, 01:23)jonathanwash Wrote: [ -> ]...
2. Because I only see the banner I don't want to change it to a poster because it ruins the fanart. And of course this make the Recently Added widget on the home screen look really weird.
Could there be a option to show the fanart or better yet the episode image?

The Ace was designed to display posters in the main menu, if you mounted your collection with 'preference banner' will have problems for sure.
Disc art is working perfect, however i have one thing to mention, if this could be fixed:

I got some movies labeled "kids"
Now when i'm trying to add movies to those kids labeled ones in a later stadium
i get a complete list of all movies, but the movies which are already labeled "kids" , arent highlighted
So when i try to add some to the exisiting movies, its really annoying i cant see which ones i added already
When i select one to add, its yellow marked

Isnt it possible to have those already labeled, be marked yellow as well?
Hi MQ, is there any way to disable the cases for movies so it just shows the posters in the different views?

Also, can you set up a way to move the widgets? Having fan art as the movie background with the movie widget at the top causes everyone's faces to be covered.
(2013-03-25, 17:23)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Disc art is working perfect, however i have one thing to mention, if this could be fixed:

I got some movies labeled "kids"
Now when i'm trying to add movies to those kids labeled ones in a later stadium
i get a complete list of all movies, but the movies which are already labeled "kids" , arent highlighted
So when i try to add some to the exisiting movies, its really annoying i cant see which ones i added already
When i select one to add, its yellow marked

Isnt it possible to have those already labeled, be marked yellow as well?

What are you naming your discart png files to get them to show up?
Just use artwork downloader and they show automatically
What a wonderful skin. Very streamlined, easy to use and beautiful to look at.
Minor detail: It seems that the frodo cinema addon is not automatically included in ACE's addon pack. Don't know if this is a deliberate choice or not Smile
hi,

Thank you very much for this near perfect skin:
Great job !!!

I have some questions (I used Confluence since 2 years, so excuse my questions if they are quite dumb)

1) I created two playlists to separate Movies and Animation Movies. I added both on main menu, but the "resume" widget is not displayed. (I speak about the bottom widget in Movies/TV shows original menus)

2) In the concert view, is it possible to group videos by artist? I can only sort by artist, but not gather them like a saga or TV show

3) I'm using the "Right List" view for movies, and when the item is a saga, the DVD/Bluray case and the empty informations (Year/Country/Genre/Studios) are still displayed.

4) When openin XBMC, there is a little lag the first time when it's scanning for the "last added videos". There are no lags on confluence, so maybe there is a tweak or an heavy add-in to disable?
Great Skin! Thank you for sharing and continuing the development Smile
First and foremost I have to say great job with the skin Marcos. I think it is an evolutionary step and so far I really enjoy. Is there any chance we can bring back the multiplex view for movies? Otherwise I think Ace works flawlessly and makes XBMC look incredible. Thank you for all your work.
(2013-03-25, 18:24)corpgator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MQ, is there any way to disable the cases for movies so it just shows the posters in the different views?

When in movies got to the menu and under 'collections' you have the option 'use media case' if you turn this off you only have the posters and no cases.