Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so how can one go about adding a customized "watched" mark on posters? With this skin there is a fair amount of customizing and changing this file to something custom would be awesome! Is it a .png file or a script buried within the root folder?

I'm fairly new to Linux based systems (I'm learning by dual booting my laptop with Win 7/Ubuntu and learning on my Raspberry Pi) but I do understand file systems and the dangerous effects of misunderstanding what you do. I use puTTy to SSH in for certain things and also WinSCP to make adjustments to folder contents (themes and styles). I would love to change this feature so if anyone has the location of the file used and size requirements that would be great!

I have chosen to run pretty slimmed down with custom backgrounds and no widgets (except for weather) because it was a bit cluttered. So being able to see the mark that I chose would be nice.
CutSickAss posted some instructions on this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169282

Fairly quick and easy to do, although I run xbmc on windows 8.
GazT81 thanks! I will shoot over and ask more questions on that thread!

I think I can follow that easily because I use custom backgrounds anyway so theme images are not an issue for me!
(2013-08-06, 22:08)wex101 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question that I was hoping to get some help with.

I am trying this skin out after using xperience 1080 for quite some time, just kind of getting tired of the metro theme. One thing I grew accustomed to was having ongoing tv shows on the front page to scroll through. I changed the Recently added tv episode list in the xml to instead display "reccomendedepisode" which means the next episodes in whatever series I am watching. The label of course above it says recently added. Which xml and where in it can I change that label? I couldn't for the life of me find it. Thanks!

Any help with this?
Hey,

i have a problem with the unwatched count for tv episodes.
On the navigation there is after unwatched only Points "..." but not the count...
how can i fix this?
hello,

there is a problem downloading the extra pack.

i got the following error:

19:32:28 T:139753891755776 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.ace.extrapack/updater_class.py", line 22, in run
fnc = self.obj.Update()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.ace.extrapack/updater_class.py", line 236, in Update
self.BackedUpFiles.append(self.MakeBackup(file))
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.ace.extrapack/updater_class.py", line 131, in MakeBackup
if os.path.isfile(OriginalFilePath.decode('utf-8')):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 29, in isfile
st = os.stat(path)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 84-85: ordinal not in range(128)

is there an alternative download method?

greets,
zesar
Just moved to this skin from Aeon Nox and really like the style and the simplicity!

One thing I've noticed tho... I usually use EPG View for Live TV ( WAF!) and usually on this view pressing ok brings up the brief info ect, and you can select Back, Switch or Record ( from memory). However, on your skin I hear the keypress sound, but no action! I have to go via Sub Menu.

Am i missing something, or is this intentional?

Many Thanks!

Alex
(2013-08-19, 22:41)alscott Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved to this skin from Aeon Nox and really like the style and the simplicity!

One thing I've noticed tho... I usually use EPG View for Live TV ( WAF!) and usually on this view pressing ok brings up the brief info ect, and you can select Back, Switch or Record ( from memory). However, on your skin I hear the keypress sound, but no action! I have to go via Sub Menu.

Many Thanks!

Alex
I agree its a great skin, in fact, i think its one of the best i've used.
That problem is one of the only things i wished would be fixed. The only option right now is putting this in advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

that would at least go to the channel when you press enter instead of nothing happening. Apparently there's a missing DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml missing, which is why its not working. I borrowed that file from another skin and info did pop up, but the background of the info box is clear (missing) making the show info hard to read against the epg timeline. If i knew what to do, I'd be on that. I love this skin and so does the wife (she doesn't want too change it)

Ideally, i would love the epg to give you info at the bottom as you scroll through the timeline as other skins do.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...VGuide.jpg
(2013-08-20, 18:52)jhr1948 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-19, 22:41)alscott Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved to this skin from Aeon Nox and really like the style and the simplicity!

Many Thanks!

Alex
I agree its a great skin, in fact, i think its one of the best i've used.
That problem is one of the only things i wished would be fixed. The only option right now is putting this in advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

that would at least go to the channel when you press enter instead of nothing happening. Apparently there's a missing DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml missing, which is why its not working. I borrowed that file from another skin and info did pop up, but the background of the info box is clear (missing) making the show info hard to read against the epg timeline. If i knew what to do, I'd be on that. I love this skin and so does the wife (she doesn't want too change it)

Ideally, i would love the epg to give you info at the bottom as you scroll through the timeline as other skins do.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...VGuide.jpg

Thanks a lot for letting me know about that fix! Ill try that now!

And defiantly a plus one for having info displayed at the bottom of the screen... In my personal opinion that would give the EPG a very professional and rounded appearance!!
Can I use the "In Progress" option for the widget for TV shows on a custom main menu item that is based on a smart playlist? I only seem to be able to choose between "Recently Added" and "Random". Does "In Progress" only work for the real original TV shows main menu item? I've separated my TV shows from my kids' in the main menu, but it appears to be at the cost of being able to use the "In Progress" feature.
(2013-08-20, 18:52)jhr1948 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree its a great skin, in fact, i think its one of the best i've used.

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Agree with above. Also there is a problem it seems in DialogPVRRecordingInfo.xml the skin file is calling for a background image "dialog_settings_back.png" which I don't see existing in Textures.xbt for Ace. So I copied the "back.png" and renamed from the default confluence Textures.xbt, and now at least I can read the recording info. Since that worked I copied over the DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml from confluence, and the images that are used and now at least the EPG info can be seen, but it needs some work. There also a problem with XBMC localization for English(US) for the string "Programme Info" but that's not an Ace problem.

scott s.
I love this skin, but I am finding that with a lot of add-ons installed it is becoming cumbersome to get them all into the menus. I'm running out of "add ons" to add into "my menu". I guess I can start favoriting some and going down that road. Is there a way to get "Video Add-Ons" (not particular ones) itself into the menu structure. Same thing for "Program Add-Ons".
(2013-08-18, 03:08)caidoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

i have a problem with the unwatched count for tv episodes.
On the navigation there is after unwatched only Points "..." but not the count...
how can i fix this?
Hey, is it possible to show last items for a custom node menu on home page? if yes, how to?
(2013-08-27, 04:30)theredguy Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get "Video Add-Ons" (not particular ones) itself into the menu structure. Same thing for "Program Add-Ons".

"Video Add-Ons" as favourite.