Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I didn't think it was possible to favorite the Video Add-Ons object itself. I'll give it a shot tonight.
xbmc with Ace. Go to Main Menu Movies an then:

-> UP to Genre, Title Year etc.
-> UP and select Video Add-Ons as favourite.
Ok that makes sense. I was trying to do it within settings. Thanks!
(2013-08-24, 05:43)theredguy Wrote: [ -> ]Can I use the "In Progress" option for the widget for TV shows on a custom main menu item that is based on a smart playlist? I only seem to be able to choose between "Recently Added" and "Random". Does "In Progress" only work for the real original TV shows main menu item? I've separated my TV shows from my kids' in the main menu, but it appears to be at the cost of being able to use the "In Progress" feature.

Hello,
Did you find à way to do this ?
I'd like to make thé same thing with our tvshows and my kids
I tried with other skins , but Sad
I have what might be an unusual question and its going here because I think Ace might be the best skin to use as its a light skin focused on Touchscreens.

My father is a musician and along with his Vocalist he uses my iPad 2 with a backing track app at gigs. I was going to buy him a used iPad so he wouldn't need to use mine anymore until I saw the used prices. My God they hold their value well !!

Then I had a brainwave that would work out cheaper and be a better Backing Tracks solution for him. A 24inch Touchscreen connected to a raspberry Pi running XBMC with ACE with Lyrics turned on.

However this involves a lot of button presses to queue up songs and display lyrics and the lyrics only take up a reasonably small portion of screen.

Ideally, Ace would be set to open up on the following custom screen.

A panel down the left hand side displaying Folder or Playlist. Tapping Folder or playlist displays the file list/playlist contents in the same panel.
A panel along the bottom displaying the Transport controls all the time.
The Bulk of the screen/main panel displaying a custom background (I'd use cover art from their CD) and displaying the lyrics automatically for the currently playing song.

Playback should not be initiated from tapping a song in the left panel. The song should merely be highlighted when tapped. Playback only initiated on highlighted song by the Play button in the transport control panel on the bottom. He should be able to highlight (Queue) the next song in the left panel while the current song is playing. (He prefers this way of queuing as opposed to the XBMC Queue Button method because its what he is accustomed to in the BackingTrax iPad app)

Is this possible using ACES inbuilt configuration options?
If not, is it possible with some reasonably simple manipulation of the Skin Code. I have some low level HTML and VB experience from 13 years ago so I might be able to handle it myself if its just a case of finding the relevant bits of code for each screen component and putting them all together on the same screen so to speak.
I wonder would the skin maker or someone else be able to create this custom version of ace for a fee. Now the fee couldn't be a large amount as that would push the cost of this idea past the cost of simply getting a new iPad for my father or me but I could certainly paypal gift someone the equivalent of 50 euros for the job?
I have a problem with downloading the Extrapack - when downloading from ZBMC it just gives me an "update error" message and when I try to download via my work PC it stops st around 40%
@costi, visit www.files.xbmcbrasil.net, have extrapack for download there.
(2013-09-01, 10:00)mardup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-24, 05:43)theredguy Wrote: [ -> ]Can I use the "In Progress" option for the widget for TV shows on a custom main menu item that is based on a smart playlist? I only seem to be able to choose between "Recently Added" and "Random". Does "In Progress" only work for the real original TV shows main menu item? I've separated my TV shows from my kids' in the main menu, but it appears to be at the cost of being able to use the "In Progress" feature.

Hello,
Did you find à way to do this ?
I'd like to make thé same thing with our tvshows and my kids
I tried with other skins , but Sad

I didn't find a way. So what I've done is used a smart play list for the kids shows, and I just use the real TV shows menu item. That way the kids get a clean experience, and I get a working "in progress" widget. I've also marked all the kids shows as watched to keep them out of in progress. If I actually go into TV shows it is still littered with kid shows, but I'm usually starting shows from in progress, so it doesn't come up every day. It would certainly be better if I could use in progress with the smart play list, but it seems I can't. Otherwise I find Ace is the best skin for me by far, and I've tried a lot of them.
(2013-09-02, 01:15)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@costi, visit www.files.xbmcbrasil.net, have extrapack for download there.

It worked, thank you very much!
Hi MarcosQui.

What font exactly are you using ?
My understanding is that the Allers fonts doesn't include Hebrew glyphs.
Did you edit the font yourself ?, if so then first I salute you and send my deep appreciation, and second I would like to know which font you used as a base to the Hebrew glyphs (unless you created them from a blank page).

Thanks.
The font was edited by CutSickAss to support special characters (Greek).
I made a set of replacement fonts, merging the Android droid-sans-fallback font. My target was CJK and Hawaiian characters, but I think it might work (I know nothing of Hebrew). The Android font is licensed under Apache 2.0 (details in zip file). Feel free to give it try, mod it, whatever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h10f2qye0c3pvz...ts_mod.zip

scott s.
(2013-08-18, 03:08)caidoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

i have a problem with the unwatched count for tv episodes.
On the navigation there is after unwatched only Points "..." but not the count...
how can i fix this?

Why nobody answers?!
Oh man... I was just recommended this skin.... After a morning of customizing, I am finally getting to where I want to be with a clean interface.

Soooooo good. Thank you for this amazing skin Marcos!

I was wondering if there is a way to disable to the Date/Country/Genre/Studio and plot... as in stripping away that entire info bar (image below). As well, any way to get a slim list option for right list?

I am trying to create the cleanest looking "list" viewtype possible... two steps away from being absolutely perfect.

Either way, this is just an incredible piece of work, and I couldn't be happier with its form and function.

Again, thank you very much for your efforts, Marcos.
(2013-09-05, 12:44)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]The font was edited by CutSickAss to support special characters (Greek).

Thanks, I'll send CutSickAss a PM.

(2013-09-06, 02:06)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I made a set of replacement fonts, merging the Android droid-sans-fallback font. My target was CJK and Hawaiian characters, but I think it might work (I know nothing of Hebrew). The Android font is licensed under Apache 2.0 (details in zip file). Feel free to give it try, mod it, whatever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h10f2qye0c3pvz...ts_mod.zip

scott s.

I've looked at the fonts (FontForge) and the Hebrew glyphs are there so it looks fine to me.
What tool did you used for merging the fonts ?