Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-19, 18:22)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 05:51)crazy-c Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to reduce the size of the Covers..On a 24" screen running at 1920 x 1080 they seem rather large. I am not at home at the moment so cannot screen dump to show you. This in fact is a similar thought on my main HTPC with MQ4 on a 42" plasma.

Where? The size looks good to me.

Sorry Marcos, didn't check the forums last night so omitted to place a screen shot. Here is a quick example from my test rig using the right list view...As you can see the cover takes up a lot of space. I know it is only cosmetic but was wondering is there a way to reduce its over all size.... The screen res is 1920x1200.
Many thanks in advance.....

(2013-03-19, 22:30)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Playing with this skin on a couple of setups. Very nice in most ways. Couple things:

1. (semi-big) In Music/Album/ Panel view, the Album Artist name is shown, but not the Album. Other views such as poster and wall have the Album Artist and then under it Album in slightly smaller font. Really need the album name in the album view types.

OK I was looking at this and did the following hack to IncludesVariables.xml:

Line 3046 added a case for view 62 (panel) for album container:

Code:
<variable name="value_music_subtitle">
<value condition="Container.Content(albums) + [Control.IsVisible(54) | Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(62) | Window.IsActive(2001)]">$INFO[ListItem.Label]</value>

With a quick look seems like it might work.

scott s.
(2013-03-19, 18:51)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 09:22)Alim Wrote: [ -> ]MarcosQui , Thanks for another wonderful skin. How can i change the viewtype for this skin ? thanks.

If using the keyboard or remote control just use arrow above. If a touchscreen still need to include a tab to improve it.

Skank, the Ace has no intention of being Aeon, and vice versa.

Yeah i know that.. And it wasnt my intention either..
You can keeplayout of ace on its own.. Butit would rock if those positiv things could come to aeon mq5 (speed... Responsivness, movie information screen , right list view ) those things alone doesnt make ace a different skin...
Love this skin, thanks!

I also want to install it on my raspberry pi (running latest openelec from today) but it doesn't show up in the skin list through the official repo, in fact there's only 'Aeon Nox', 'Back Row' and 'Transparency!' - is the file available elsewhere so I can try a manual install?

edit: Aha: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/skin.ace/
Hi

@Marcos

Awesome skin! I really love the clean look and how fast it is for low configuration.
I'm a big fan of Cirrus Extended and it right list view. Can you consider adding option for it in TV Show with banner or logo on focus (as in CE)
THX for your work. I really love it
(2013-03-19, 19:10)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, it's great to see you here again.

I've included his amendment for the next version, thank you very much.

Yeah, feels great to help you again Big Grin
Just wanted to say thank you Marcos for a fantastic skin - my skin of choice now.
How must i name cdart for movies to be displayed in home menu? I tried

disc.png
cdart.png
moviename-disc.png
moviename-cdart.png

but none of them worked. Ace always displays the fallback image...

edit:

adjusted settings in artwork downloader and it works now ....
(2013-03-18, 15:56)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]EthricSoul, in Ace there is no way to disable recent items/random/in progress, even if you use the Clean Mode the script will continue running in the background, but here I see no problem with that. I'll include an option to completely disable the recents, it may be a solution for you.

+1 on this, I loved the clean look like in Aeon MQ, first thing i always disabled in Aeon MQ were the recent widgets and other stuff like library stats.

I havent actually installed this skin yet, been very busy and couldnt get it from google drive after i got the invite. but now its in the official repo (just found out now lol) I am definatly going to install this (hopefully tonight).

good work Marcos keep it up!
Wow, thank you for creating such an awesome skin. I have XBMC running on a Zbox, so need a skin that runs fast and for the most part this is perfect for me. Just the right level of customisation, nice and simple.

I've got mine set up with the vertical menu and hidden the Recently Add panel, I like having a clutter free screen and being able to see the fanart/wallpapers I have set up folders for.

My only real "issue" so far is when navigating TV Shows, when I select a show it shows "buffering" before loading the list of seasons. All other video library transitions don't have this and I've never noticed it before on any other skins. Is there anything I can do to improve the performance here? A setting I can change, etc? Like I say the rest is absolutely fine, movies, loading the show names and the episode lists, it's just the transition from Show > Season List.

Thanks again for creating such an awesome skin.

Other minor things it'd be nice to change/include (it may already exist, sorry if they do, I haven't played with it for too long):

-When using multiple images for backgrounds on the main menu, include a display duration for each image and a transition speed (slow, normal, fast, etc).
-An option to have the main menu slide off to the left and hide when the system has been "idle" for X seconds (so you just see the lovely fanart full screen, perhaps leave the clock/weather top left).
-I quickly tried this out on my Nexus 7 and it ran surprisingly well, but there seemed to be some things that didn't work as expected (I know this is a bit vague, but I'm not sure if you aiming for this to be used on mobile devices too so no point in checking this out too much)

Dex
Ciao a tutti e grazie per questa nuova skin .. è meravigliosa ma io ho alcuni problemi
Non riuscendo a scrivere in inglese cercherò di spiegarmi con le immagini
( Hello everyone and thank you for this new skin .. is wonderful but I have some problems
Unable to write in English I will try to explain with pictures )

la schermata del meteo non visualizzata correttamente ( Weather screen not displayed correctly )

Il contattore visualizza solo “ NON VISTI ”

Alcuni Clearart / logo non vengono caricati

Problema con le serie tv / anime

Con Mq4 + Eden non ho mai avuto problemi (With MQ4 + Eden I never had any problems )
(2013-03-19, 19:33)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 16:28)CaTz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you MARCOS, this is great skin!

some minor things that will improve a lot the skin:
1. use by default clear logo instead of clearart (and resize the logo to something smaller)
2. change the style of the bottom white line,
http://srv214.gif.co.il/images/379127screenshot001.jpg

except these two things, the skin is perfect!

1. I prefer clearart, but I'm putting options to change that.

2. I could not see the image.
this is the image:
http://i.imgur.com/OL7c8df.jpg
Hello everyone, I will post the progress of the current job to show what comes next version. I tried to meet most requests so far:

Added: View GlassList.
Added: View Multiplex - Media Case support.
Added: View Multiplex - Extrathumbs layout.
Added: View Wall - Media Case support.
Added: View Low List - Slim List mode.
Added: View Panel - Option to show poster or clearart or clearlogo.
Added: View Panel - Media Case support.
Added: Views Global - Option to prefer clearart or prefer clearlogo.
Added: Option to individually disable widgets on the main menu.
Added: Option to disable NowPlaying Widget in main menu.
Added: Pan&Scan effect in main menu.
Fixed: View Panel - Missing album name.
Fixed: Greek characters. (thanks to CutSickAss)
Fixed: German MPAA. (thanks to mad-max)
Fixed: Layout details in Weather Menu, horizontal, clean mode.
Simply the best for me !

Big thks for this skin =]
I've tried again, but the skin still makes xbmc crash.
I'm using a raspberry pi with the raspbmc distro.
Skin version is 1.2.3, does anyone else have this as well?