Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video fullscreen playback size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know of a way to change the size of video during fullscreen playback? I'm wanting to modify the default behavior of fullscreen playback so I can display weather and and a news rss feed while video is playing without just overlaying these controls on top of the video
it's hardcoded in xbmc, so not possible to change it from within the skin.

if you need something like this, it might be possible to create a custom fullscreen video window i think.
You could probably do it using a videowindow control

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Control
Was interested so i tested. Non of the other windows during playback accept a videowindow control.
Custom window "works". But If the background image in the custom window is not visible it acts up.

Filename: custom_Test_9506.xml
Code:
<window type="window" id="9506">
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>

<controls>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <texture background="true">Background.jpg</texture>
        </control>

<control type="videowindow" id="2">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <align>center</align>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="60" delay="200" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

Code:
<F1>XBMC.ActivateWindow(9506)</F1>
Thanks everyone, I will experiment with this and see if i can get it working

@MassIV Thanks a lot, that looks like it will work for what I'm needing.

Now is there any way to activate that window when the user begins playing a video/playlist/etc. My first thought was to use an alarm so when the video begins playing a few seconds later the custom window will be activated, but if there is another way i'm all open for ideas.

Edit: Actually i just realized i don't need an alarm I can just activate the window directly from VideoFullScreen.xml via the window's onload (which was how i was setting the alarm), but again if anyone has another idea i'm all ears but this does seem to do exactly what I want
No that is probably the easiest, but that means it will do it for all videos. Also musicvideos and your home videos and youtube and and and. Unless you put conditions on your onload with VideoPlayer.Content(parameter).
You probably also want to make sure you close this window again instead of leaving it full size. As the OSD could no longer be called and tab would take you to the real fullscreen, instead of the library.

To be honesy, i wouldn't use it on onload because the user can't see what you did (a new window). Maybe put it on a button.
I actually want it to use this custom window for all media, i'm using ReplaceWindow instead of Activate so that this new custom window will always be used in place of the fullscreen mode even if the user goes back and forth between fullscreen and the home screen, and I've already added player controls to the custom window so everything can be controlled correctly from within the custom window.

The whole idea for this is so we can have a tv running at work and the employees simply have to start a playlist and the videos (ideally i'll have it just autostart a playlist so the employees have to do nothing more than turn on the tv) will begin playing with weather in a panel to the right, another panel under the weather with current sales deals we have going on that day/week and a local news rss ticker across the bottom
Hello MassIv

I used videowindow control but there are 2 problems
1) its not going to display well
2) and video is playing at background also.

PFA:

There is already a video window (at full size) behind your list.
Yes, I set it off through settings.
but I want to play video right side. I set its position and width height also.
but it playing in multiple window of little size you can look into that image as following

Video window is going to repeat more that one time.
How to avoid this problem.
Please, help me.

Thanks
Did you put the video window inside the list maybe? So that you get a video window per list item.

Put all the code from this one viewtype (the whole include) on http://pastebin.com/
And put the link to it in your reply.
Thanks for reply.

yes, you are right I put <control type="videowindow" > this control in list item of ViewsFilemode.xml.
Please tell me , Where should I place this code of control "videowindow" ?
I put code of that xml file on http://pastebin.com/

I removed videowindow from list item, but still getting some problem please, guide me.
And where on pastebin? You link doesn't get me to your code.
Sorry,

This is old code file path : http://pastebin.com/AZSbWLmA
Now, I improved code of xml file as per your guidance and it is here : http://pastebin.com/Us6qgZnp
So videos listing problem is resolved. Thanks.

Actually I want to design skin for my addon as following image or ( Referance Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NztSHms_vw )

I have main categories like Movies, Video On Demand, Live Streaming
as per category video will list as following format

LeftPannel Rightpannel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Thumb] [name of video] [ Play Video Here ]

I implemented this , but not completely satisfied because design is not going to fix as above image.
Please, tell me what to do to design my addon as per above image ?

List of videos and poster icon at right side you can see in following image.

Right now when I click on any video, then video should start to play at right side. After that user will make it full screen.
But I cant implement it. Please help me. I can implement video playing at right side in small window but movie poster is overwriting on that video.

please, guide me.

Thanks
Your video window should move down to like between line 236 and 237.

Move your code down in the code, it comes further on top in the window.
Pages: 1 2