Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO play SBS 3D video with bino in linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi friends I am new in this forum and I am trying run bino3d in xbmc for sbs mkv.
I have installed this plugin XBMC 3D player plugin ver. 1.0.3 and edited playertactory.xml
It is running ok on my desktop pc with xbmc eden and ubuntu 12.04 with this....edited playertactory.xml
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SBS-3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>/usr/bin/bino</filename>
<args>"{1}" -o red-cyan-dubois -i left-right-half -f -n</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts" filename=".*sbs3d.*|.*sbs.*|.*hsbs.*|.*SBS3D.*|.*SBS.*|.*HSBS.*" player="SBS-3D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But I want it work in my htpc that run lubuntu 12.10 and xbmc 12 frodo....but it don works
when I choose one film sbs xbmc show my desktop one second and return to xbmc and nothing happens....

can anybody help me??

thanks.
Why do you need an external player?

Anyway you will need a debug log (wiki).

Does bino work when not called from within xbmc?
(MOD Edit: Removed in-line posted log file)
Please do not paste log contents directly in your post as it creates too much clutter (I've removed it from your post). Instead, upload entire debug log (wiki) contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here. Thanks.
sorry ...
I think that here is the error
Quote:23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoOverlay.xml) ------
23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie(smb://PETER-MS-7793/pelis2013/3D.SBS/Derri.re.les.murs.2011.3D.BluRay.HSBS.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD/Derri.re.les.murs.2011.3D.BluRay.HSBS.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv)
23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: GetMovieId (smb://PETER-MS-7793/pelis2013/3D.SBS/Derri.re.les.murs.2011.3D.BluRay.HSBS.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD/Derri.re.les.murs.2011.3D.BluRay.HSBS.1080p.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=813
23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPlay from xbmc
23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnPlay
23:13:17 T:3007207232 DEBUG: Percentage is 0.000000
23:13:17 T:2854185792 INFO: LIRC setUsed: disabled
23:13:17 T:2854185792 NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: -1
23:13:17 T:2854185792 NOTICE: Process: Stop
23:13:17 T:2854185792 NOTICE: Process: Showing XBMC window

here is my debug.log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4862
I am try execute bino from terminal and the problem is in the route with use samba

I have try other films in local disc without samba and it work from terminal

this command work in my htpc (local disc)

bino" "/home/htpc/Movies/prueba/Tinker.Bell.Secret.of.the.Wings.2012.3D.Blu-ray.HSBS.1080P.DTS.x264-CHD/Tinker.Bell.Secret.of.the.Wings.2012.3D.Blu-ray.HSBS.1080P.DTS.x264-CHD.mkv" -o green-magenta-dubois -i left-right-half -f

and now mount this unit remote by nfs in htpc add it works (remote disc)

bino "/home/htpc/Movies/p2013/3D.SBS/The.Hobbit.An.Unexpected.Journey.2012.3D.1080p.Bluray.H-SBS.X264.ML-zman/The.Hobbit.An.Unexpected.Journey.2012.3D.1080p.Bluray.H-SBS.X264.ML-zman.mkv" -o red-cyan-dubois -i left-right-half -f -n

but when use xbmc and bino external dont work Sad

this is my last debug.log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4881

have someone any idea why xbmc and bino dont work?
Well I think you have identified the first problem, bino doesn't work with smb:// urls which is a shame.

Why it doesn't work in the second instance (nfs mount) I can't say.

Try adding more logging to bino's output - man bino lists a -L parameter, try -L debug in your commandline.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this interesting software!!!
I am on linuxmint 13 with xbmc 13 from the wsnipex xvba repo.

I installed bino from the ubuntu repo - version 1.2.1 so a little behind current.

I added your playercorefactory.xml settings and it worked correctly straight off, on a local file - ie on my hard drive.

I will try mounting a file over smb and report back. By the way in your first post you refer to playertactory.xml - I assume this is a typo. The correct file is ~/.xbmc/userdata/playercorefactory.xml.
Added: Also seems to work fine over a cifs (ie smb more or less) mount.

If you are using frodo, it is probably not releasing the audio device, this is fixed in git master. Failure of bino to get the audio device may lead to it crashing? Just guessing here...
You can also try removing all the arguments, if something is crashing out bino when it loads you need to identify what is causing bino to crash.

Try launching it manually wiht your arguments, and see if it works, without the bino logs it is nigh on impossible to solve given that xbmc is just launching it (or trying to) and coming back when it fails.

This caught my eye recently, I dont know how far along it is / if its stable - https://github.com/pieh/xbmc/commits/3d ( https://github.com/pieh/xbmc/tree/3d ) but it may help you out a little if it builds and is stable.
thanks

The problem with samba don,t worry me now , I could work with nfs or local disc my first headache is why in terminal bino work and with xbmc how external player no.....
yes xplayercorefactoy.xml is in ~/.xbmc/userdata/playercorefactory.xml

but I have any questions

how can I active bino logs with -L debug in xplayercorefactoy.xml
??

bino help say:
Quote:-L’
‘--log-level=LEVEL’
Select log level: debug, info, warning, error, or quiet.

where is bino folder with the debug.log?

i am looking for in /home/myuser.....

Could I change my playercorefactory.xml how this for bino debug mode?

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="SBS-3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>/usr/bin/bino</filename>
<args>"{1}" -o red-cyan-dubois -i left-right-half -f -n -L debug</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts" filename=".*sbs3d.*|.*sbs.*|.*hsbs.*|.*SBS3D.*|.*SBS.*|.*HSBS.*" player="SBS-3D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
add it in the <args> bit, yep just like you did.

I actually found if you start xbmc from the commandline, the bino output will be on the commandline where you started xbmc.
hi friends!!
thanks!!

Quote:If you are using frodo, it is probably not releasing the audio device, this is fixed in git master. Failure of bino to get the audio device may lead to it crashing? Just guessing here...

with this argument work

<args>"{1}" -o red-cyan-dubois -i left-right-half -f -n -b -L debug</args>

add command
‘-b’
‘--benchmark’
Benchmark mode: no audio, no time synchronization, output of frames-per-second measurements.
‘--swap-interval=D’

is the problem frodo v12 then??

then the problem is the audio ...with no audio it works...

how could I release the audio device?
I am trying differents arguments with

<args>"{1}" -o green-magenta-dubois -i left-right-half -f -n --log-file=info.txt -m -L debug</args>

give txt archive info...but only show info of the film...

We know that the problem is that bino can,t begin audio from xbmc external player but arguments

with -L debug nothing shows....Sad

info.txt ---> http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5016

xbmc.log ----> http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5018
I have seen this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158422
Quote:There is going to be a new stable version of Frodo 12.1 containing bug fixes that weren't ready for the Frodo 12.0 release, these fixes include those patches DDDamian talks about so test with a Nightly then you'll know that 12.1 will fix it when it arrives.

do you know about this??

here is .exe for windows but somebody know where is it for linux??
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/xbmc/nightlies/win32/

thanks

PD: I have solved at this method....
changed settings from frodo 12.0 in audio and add one speakers usb 2.0 (speakers only for that xbmc detect it and whend call bino 3d it don crash) because the audio output is optical.

Image Image
Pages: 1 2