Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies Freezes a couple of times with Frodo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am streaming movies(H.264 720p/1080p) from a Windows 8 64bit PC to my Zotac ND22 and they are almost always freezing randomly in the movie? It stays freezed in about 20 sek and then I'm thrown out to the menu. When playing the same part of the movie again there is no problem at all?

This is my setup
Client : Zotac ND22(Intel Celeron SU2300 1.2 GHz Dual-Core, ntelĀ® GS45 Express, NVIDIA ION graphics, 10/100/1000Mbps), Intel 60GB SSD, 4GB
Windows 8 64bit and XBMC 12 (Frodo), A network driver have been added to the servers 3TB disc that is shared with regular SAMBA.

Router : Netgear WNR3500L (Dynamic IP adressing)
Connections : Cat 5e cabels (up to 1000Mbps), I have checked the network and I'm getting good speed (no Wifi used)

Server : CPU : Intel Core i7 2600K Motherboard : Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 Graphic card : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Windforce Memmory : Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz XMS3 1,5V OS disc : Samsung 128 GB SSD Storage Discs : Western Digital Red 3TB WD30EFRX Chassi : Fractal Design Define r3 Powersupply : Corsair 650W. This computer
Windows 8 64bit

I suspect that I need to provide a log (that I don't have yet) but while this problem also accured on my Intel NUC there maybe are a oblivious solution that can be tried based on the problem before taking a log?

Any suggestions?

Edit : I have now turned on logging and started a movie, I will provide a log when occurs again.
This seems to be that my Western Digital RED disc on the server is going into sleep mode even when it is used. By setting never sleep it works alot better.