Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange content appearing after scan update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen some weird things appear in my library when I rescan to update new content. Things like 70s TV shows and crime shows. Anyone else get this?
Check your debug log (wiki) after a library update. Possibly due to some extraneous folders getting scanned as TV shows.
Thats a major coincidence!!! I just scanned about 150 70's tv shows, on purpose!!!!
How did you go about scanning them on purpose? Maybe I did this by accident somewhere.
Just enabled debugging and done a library update, I have now picked up something called OUT and Formula 1 season review!!!!

How do I check the log?
(2013-03-17, 22:05)heisenberg Wrote: [ -> ]Just enabled debugging and done a library update, I have now picked up something called OUT and Formula 1 season review!!!!

How do I check the log?

My guess is you set content at the wrong folder level. So not on the folder containing each tvshow folder but somewhere else and that is causing this
(2013-03-17, 22:08)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is you set content at the wrong folder level. So not on the folder containing each tvshow folder but somewhere else and that is causing this

"Formula 1 Season Review" in particular tends to pop up when you set a specific TV show folder as source but neglect to set the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option.

The title is derived from a "Season 1" sub-folder.
(2013-03-17, 22:05)heisenberg Wrote: [ -> ]How do I check the log?

Click the link in my post above to learn the location of the xbmc.log file. You can review the log contents with a text editor. If you wish for others to look at the log too, upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here.
How do you get into the file side of things in XBMC ? I can only really see the GUI and the Movie/TV Show menus etc ??

Is there a file manager ?
Several options, from most difficult to easiest:
  • System > File manager. But you have to first enable: System/Settings > Appearance > File list > "Show hidden files and directories"
  • Exit XBMC and use your operating system's file manager. But you may have to first enable "Show hidden files" in your OS's file manager.
  • Install and use the "Script - XBMC Log Uploader" add-on to automatically upload the log to www.xbmclogs.com