Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SETTING UP UPDATED EPG AND THEN SOME.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Only just stumbled apron xbmc over the last three days. Have spent the weekend trying to get it set up. I want to have an updated epg that when i hit the station the program will come up. Everything that i have read has just gave me more questions. I cant get an epg up. what do i need to set up a pvr and do i need a tv tunner and if so do i need to pay for subscription. if you could even point me in the right direction, that would be a big help.

thanks.
karl.
For live TV you need a TV Tuner. Whether you pay will depend on whether you normally pay for TV. Once you have that, you can start configuring xbmc to use it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR
1. how come i can find the stations online but i cant find an epg that will go with it. .
2. How come i cant sent up my pvr on xbmc, do i need to have a tv tunner for this. I have tried to find out how to set up pvr online but they just come with more question.
You must have a TV Tuner card for your computer to set this up. It isnt pulling online channels.
can you recommend which tv tunner that you think that i should get. i want to get one that records while i watch another tv station and a hd one too.
It is a tuner not a tunner.

The answer depends on where you are in the world, and what TV service you get - over the air, satellite, cable, whatever.