Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clean Database problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had reason to change the path to one of my NAS servers containing 300+ movies. After deleting the path I was prompted to clean database of all movies in that path. It didn't do so . I am now left with 300+ movies that don't have a correct path defined. If I run a Clean Database from Videos system menu it locks up for hours and cleans nothing. If I click on a movie to see movie details XBMC locks up again requiring hard reboot.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of these 300 movies please.
Manually? Delete this file

userdata (wiki)/database/MyVideos75.db

XBMC will recreate it upon starting back up, and it should be empty.
Hi there,
I have found for correcting Database errors ie: incorrect thumbnails or double ups and missing locations removing the source and cleaning the database and rescraping is my recommendation.

If you are happy with the thumbnails & names etc then you can also edit the source location and then update/clean the database as well.
As it is only 300 movies to ensure all the old rubbish is removed I would delete it as follows:
Note: Any current scanning must be deactivated to allow this to work.

From Home Menu
Select: VideosFiles/Right Click on the Directory that you now need to edit. (where you had the 300 files in)
Select: Remove Source
Are you sure ?= Yes
Do you want to remove all items withing this path from the XBMC library? = Yes
Cleaning Database this may take a while (wait won't take long)

Now Add your correct location for your source containg the 300 again with the correct path and rescrape for the thumbnails fanart etc.

You can just edit the source location and tell it you wish to rescan and it will clean up the database, but I have found to remove and rescrape cleans it up quite fast and gets rid of any dead links and rubbish.

Cheers