Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is XBMC supporting embedded fonts in ASS subtitles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have one subtitle with embedded fonts, which plays fine with windows media player. But XBMC (13) doesn't recognize the fonts.

If I want it to recognize the fonts I have to attach the fonts to the mkv, or put them in media/Fonts folder (in xbmc folder, not in user folder).
I'm using XBMC DSPlayer to get those ASS Subtitles & Fonts working. Tried XBMC Linux & Windows normal version , the styles are fine but it doesn't use the font in script eventhough it was embedded in MKV.

DSPlayer Thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154534
Thanks. I would try it to see how it shows
I believe it's a bug in current normal XBMC version to use font in cache directory, but it cleared the cache directory before playing. So it can't find the font use in MKV.

There's a workaround, extract fonts to %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\cache\fonts and change attribute of fonts files to read-only. It'll work in normal XBMC like it should.
Thanks for your recommendation, but dsplayer xbmc doesn't work for me. It just doesn't respond when I play a blurry iso or folder. I could not see how subtitles should work.

Reverting to xbmc nightly, it played fine.

I'll try again later.