Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resume Controller after Exiting Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I configured an XBOX 360 controller to work with both XBMC and zsnes (launched via advanced installer). The problem i'm running into is I lose controller functionality after exiting zsnes and returning to xbmc.

- XBOX 360 Controller works fine in XBMC
- I launch a zsnes game from advanced installer via a script that
- Stops XBMC by issuing the kill -STOP signal
- Restarts xboxdrv to give focus to zsnes
- Upon exiting zsnes the script restarts xboxdrv again
- Continues XBMC using the kill -CONT signal

I've tried modifying the script to not restart xboxdrv but then the controller is always focused on xbmc even when i'm in zsnes. I tried removing the second xboxdrv restart but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there a way to force xbmc to rescan for joysticks/gamepads?

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas?
(2013-03-19, 08:30)Firas.AlShafei Wrote: [ -> ]I configured an XBOX 360 controller to work with both XBMC and zsnes (launched via advanced installer). The problem i'm running into is I lose controller functionality after exiting zsnes and returning to xbmc.

- XBOX 360 Controller works fine in XBMC
- I launch a zsnes game from advanced installer via a script that
- Stops XBMC by issuing the kill -STOP signal
- Restarts xboxdrv to give focus to zsnes
- Upon exiting zsnes the script restarts xboxdrv again
- Continues XBMC using the kill -CONT signal

I've tried modifying the script to not restart xboxdrv but then the controller is always focused on xbmc even when i'm in zsnes. I tried removing the second xboxdrv restart but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there a way to force xbmc to rescan for joysticks/gamepads?

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas?

What version of XBMC are you running? If you are building from GIT you my find this branch more to your liking since it has integrated emulators: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1336026
The latest version (well not after todays announcement!). XBMCBuntu 12.0

I can't be the only one that wants to use his controller for both XBMC and emulators but my searching didn't bring up anything usefule.
(2013-03-19, 17:38)Firas.AlShafei Wrote: [ -> ]The latest version (well not after todays announcement!). XBMCBuntu 12.0

I can't be the only one that wants to use his controller for both XBMC and emulators but my searching didn't bring up anything usefule.

The branch with integrated emulators does this natively
(2013-03-19, 18:20)drivesoslow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 17:38)Firas.AlShafei Wrote: [ -> ]The latest version (well not after todays announcement!). XBMCBuntu 12.0

The branch with integrated emulators does this natively

You piqued my interest - where's this branch? Am i going to have to rebuild xbmc from source or are there binaries?

I hope you're not referring to OpenElec
Nevermind - I found it here

That branch is going to be a long time coming though - They doubt they'll even make it into Gotham (Next Release).

I'm looking for some way - any way - to get this working now.

I might try exiting xbmc and then restarting it with the current location specified using autoexec.py and adding my rom path to favorites.

I was hoping there would be an easier way of doing this but oh well.