Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Frodo 12.1][Linux] FF / RW error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

after updating EDEN-PVR to Frodo 12.0 I discovered that ff / rw of recordings doesn't work any longer (seems, that flv and other mpg files from other sources are not affected). 2x speed works, 4x up to 32x leads to picture freezes, the progress indicator doesn't step forward as it should; to get back video playback I have to press 2x speed and single speed again.

Recordings are in *.mkv format, created by TvHeadEnd; TvHeadEnd wasn't updated, its the same version which recordings could be ff / rw with EDEN without problems.

Disclaimer: (especially for you, Ned) It's not about special tv backend related stuff like timeshift, it's not about special pvr functions in xbmc, it's about usual video files playback from disc. Since it worked in EDEN flawlessly, since tv backend didn't change (so recordings file structure didn't change), it's must be somewhere in XBMC's video playback functions and the handling of these files.

(And again for you, Ned) Update to Frodo 12.1 didn't solve the problem. 'Cause tvheadend as backend isn't the error source, I didn't put it into the special sub forum ..

Greetz

LastCoder
Not sure why anyone would want to help you with that attitude.
it's only 'cause I had some discussion with Ned today about that Wink .. and the rest is simply for clarification and to avoid misleading answers like "it's a tv backend issue" or "it's your video driver" ... btw. didn't know that reporting bugs and solving problems is a personal one man show only for me and you Wink