Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu Nvidia, Samsung 42" LN40A330J1D Asus Nividia 210 display issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to resolve tiny text issue. Starting XBMCbuntu with 120x120 doesn't solve the problem. Here's my hardware:

Samsung 42" LN40A330J1D television
Asus P5K SE motherboard
Pentium D (3.2GHz) CPU, 4GB RAM
Asus Geforce 210 Silent 1GB DDR3 PCIe video card with HDMI, DSUB, DVI out
xbmcbuntu-12.00.Intel-NVIDIA

When XBMCbuntu boots connected via HDMI (1 or 2 on TV) I get tiny text like this:

Booting strictly from VGA/DSUB is slightly (but text is still small) better and I can do a full install, but I was hoping there might be a grub switch or something that I could add to tell XBMCbuntu to recognize things better. I also don't want to use this method since I'm sure there might be audio issues with HDMI later. Trying not to make this complicated so I can share it with non-Linux users. As I mentioned at the start booting with 120x120dpi on doesn't fix the issue.

I don't want to go as far as doing a full blown Linux install just to resolve the issue, trying to do an out-of-box solution (maybe asking too much) and was thinking XBMCbuntu is most of the way there except for this problem.