Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'Recommended' Folder Structure ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if there is a 'recommended' folder structure for any file types.
Should every movie be in it's own folder ? How about TV shows ?

Right now I have 2 folders ... Movies and TV Shows
Movies folder has every movie file, along with it's respective .nfo, -fanart.jpg, .tbn
TV Shows folder has folders with shows name, inside those are seasons folders ...

TV Shows <--- root folder
------ TV Show 1 <--- folder
------------Season 1 <--- folder
----------------All Files Season 1
------------Season 2 <--- folder
----------------All Files Season 2
------ TV Show 2 <--- folder
------------Season 1 <--- folder
----------------All Files Season 1
------------Season 2 <--- folder
----------------All Files Season 2

Pretty sure TV shows is fine but more curious about movie folder structure.
I dont use nfo's or local art (xbmc does a great job as long as naming is right.) but Movie folder named same as movie and all the rest including movie inside should do.

uNi
Reason I do .nfo files is because sometimes I get that movie that doesn't scrape well and has limited info. Rather than see what file will lack any info, I just did it for all of them.
Looking around, it does look like a lot of people have folders for each movie.
The nfo is pretty much a solution for individuals (mostly wrong names). Being more community minded does same job + shares with everyone, Im referring of course joining tmdb website and adding these missing info and richer content, but thats just me I guess.

uNi
Individual movie folders are optional, as are TV show season folders (TV show folders are required though). However, from a physical file organization standpoint, it may be tidier to use them.
(2013-03-20, 07:02)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]The nfo is pretty much a solution for individuals (mostly wrong names). Being more community minded does same job + shares with everyone, Im referring of course joining tmdb website and adding these missing info and richer content, but thats just me I guess.

uNi

If I'm following you here, you are suggesting to submit 'correct' movie information ?
I would totally do that had I known how and where. I was unaware of such an option.
Yes mostly xbmc uses themoviedb and tvdb sites and its free to join and add/correct info and art etc etc.

https://www.themoviedb.org/account/signup
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=register

uNi
Never knew ! Thanks.