Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Displaying filenames on photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this is a really dumb question from a total newbie.

We have 1000s and 1000s of photos from 11 years of travel that my wife wishes to see as a slide show. I have a RaspberryPi (arrived yesterday) running Xbian XBMC which is now successfully displaying photos from my PC upstairs via the WLAN to the TV in the lounge downstairs. So far so good. However, what would be really great would be to see the filename as a "subtitle" superimposed on the screen so that we can be reminded of where we were and the date the photo was taken (which is encoded in the filename structure).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Murray
Activate it in system->Pictures?
Hopefully I am not being too thick, but I cannot see an option for this anywhere under the "System" tab
Mhhh have to look when i'm back home again. I thought xbmc already has this function...
While viewing list or thumbnails of photos in a directory, clicking "i" will toggle the photo information page on and off for the selected photo. While viewing the photo itself, clicking "o" will do the same. There is no option that I'm aware to automatically display the filename as a caption as each photo is displayed (e.g., slideshow).
i mixed it up with the slideshow screensaver who has this option.