Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PPA installing v13 instead of v12? I want Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somehow on one of my machines I've accidentally installed xmbc v13 alpha2. I want v12. I've installed from terminal via apt-get. I'm a bit new to linux, and can't figure out how to fix this. I've tried uninstalling a reinstalling, and it keeps installing v13.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Followed:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

It still installed 13. Angry

I don't remember ever wanting the pre-releases. So I don't know which ppa it's getting the package from.
As noted in the thread I linked above, you need to change the ppa from "unstable" to "stable". In other words, you're pointing to the bleeding edge code so that's what you get when you install from there.
I did that. After some searching it turns out the PPA providing 13 is ppa.launchpad.net. I'm currently trying to figure out how to delete it. Using
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:ppa.launchpad.net

is giving errors...
Ok, so I get now that launchpad.net is where it comes from either way...

I did some playing around with removing ppa's and I'm not exactly sure how, but I got it. Thanks for the help.
Great, glad you got it sorted!

I was about to suggest you log-in to the desktop environment and use the package manager to view your current repositories list and remove any stray "unstable" ones for XBMC. Of course, if you're using something like OpenELEC, then there's no desktop enviornment. Anyway, that's moot now.