Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to manual instal XBMCFlix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thank you for xbmc and the forums.
i'm a new user and getting really frustrated over trying to configure what one would think is simple stuff. I'm about to say screw it and get rid of xbmc.
I don't get it. The menu structure on xbmc is a little...backwards here and there.
I downloaded the xbmcflix package and copied it to my addons folder, reboot, and I get bubkis for it in xbmc.
I also, somewhere in that non intuitively ambiguous and redundant menu, found an "install from zip." so i clicked it, found the xbmcflix zip, and it says that it installed.but i still don't know how to launch netflix/xbmcflix in xbmc.
or where the hell that "install from zip" menu item was located.

(2012-01-07, 02:01)fekker Wrote: [ -> ]
Mavrick007 Wrote:I'm a new XBMC user (moving over from Boxee) and I don't see XBMCFlicks in the list. I'm Running XBMC Eden Beta on Windows 7 x64.

Any help on how to get it installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mav

i'm still sorting out some changes that are needed for eden (one left to commit)
if you don't want to wait, you can download it from github and put it into the addons directory (portable data) .. i.e. %appdata% --> xbmc -- > addons
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master
I don't know if this is still working. It certainly hasn't been updated in quite a while. See the last few pages here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552

If you want to access NetFlix from within XBMC, your best bet may be to use the Advanced Launcher add-on to open a web browser to the NetFlix site. When you close the browser, XBMC will be restored automatically. I'm assuming you're running Windows since you were trying to install XBMCFlix.
Uh.
thank you for the reply. am I to assume that the app won't install in xbmc because of the token issue or whatever?

thank you!
(2013-03-22, 14:20)interestingfell Wrote: [ -> ]Uh.
thank you for the reply. am I to assume that the app won't install in xbmc because of the token issue or whatever?

thank you!

No clue. You'd be better off asking on the thread I linked above.