Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NOOB question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Pleasure to viit this forum. Hopefully I'm posting this in the right thread, will understand if it is moved.

I have plex media server on my computer, plex channel on my roku gen 1 downstairs, now I'm trying to accomplish
plex access on my first gen appletv.

I've done my reserch, worked with both main options. Right now running Frodo from usb flash drive. Know how to access
atv using ssh, but am not linux familiar (am a computer guy though)

What I don't understand is: in xbmc, there is option to install add-on from zip file, but I don't know how to make this linux box
access windows network share (familiar with smb)

of course, there are multiple avenues here, I'm open to all of them. I can ftp it, I can put it on the same flash drive (maybe with utilities),
maybe use some networking to pull it from my computer that has the downloaded plexbmc client.....yadayadayada

but it seems to a little challenging, and I haven't found these specific instructions yet.....

I even found commands someplace to download plexapp from nightlies..plexapp.com, but operation failed after download with "requested action requires superuser privilege.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gracias,
Keith