Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 12 > 12.1 upgrade, now remote is skipping items?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am on Xbmcbuntu and I just upgraded to 12.1. Now it seems the remote is either delayed or too fast, when scrolling the main menu it skips every 2nd option and when scrolling through any other list it does the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this?
I am experiencing the same with the ipad app xbmcremote. It sometimes delays the command, or seems to send 2 commands in row or something.
Yea, its unusable for me at the moment with 12.1. It seems as though it processes the command twice, so I can never navigate to the menu that I want to. Here is a debug log, maybe it contains some info. I have tried the default confluence skin and the issue is still prevelant, all is fine with a keyboard but not with remote.

http://pastebin.com/Kw3nSXdN
Anyone know where I can look to fix this?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? We can see what commands XBMC is getting in the log and any errors it might be having.
I attached the debug log in the third post. Basically any key press results in this issue, someone on the aeon nox forum after looking said it looks like both a keyboard and remote command are sent?
Here is a tiny snippet of the log from above:

20:54:44 T:3078297360 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 74, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
20:54:44 T:3078297360 DEBUG: OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
20:54:44 T:3078297360 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 32842241:0000000000070051 00 KEY_DOWN zotac.conf (KEY_DOWN)

It seems my presses are getting registered more than once?
Might sound stupid, but have you moved the IR receiver to a different position (assuming it's a plug in USB one), some cheap ones are very sensitive to placement and will receive the key press multiple times and so on due to reflection...

My one's so fussy that it doesn't even like being in direct line of sight as well as being around glass and shiny objects Wink
(2013-03-26, 11:47)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]Might sound stupid, but have you moved the IR receiver to a different position (assuming it's a plug in USB one), some cheap ones are very sensitive to placement and will receive the key press multiple times and so on due to reflection...

My one's so fussy that it doesn't even like being in direct line of sight as well as being around glass and shiny objects Wink

I will mess around with it but it hasnt really moved at all. The only change I made was updating Xbmc to 12.1.