Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: g box only playing HD and SD movies nothing else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just got a g box midnight and just finished updating the firmware. Working through a lot of issues with the box. One of which is that many of the movies on our external hard drive do not show up as HD quality or Standard Definition and therefore XBMC will not play them. Maybe it's because I've been dealing with so many issues that I can't fix this relatively simple issue (ie my brain has stopped functioning) but I can't figure it out. Any have any ideas?
What do you mean they do not show up as "HD or SD"?

I believe there might be some issues with USB hard drives, but I don't know if it's an issue for all Android devices, or even if it's been fixed yet or not. See if any of the files will play from a network share or from a memory card, if you can.

Also, get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens.
check the Root Filesystem\mnt\ location first macduffy - make sure it is there, just may not be showing up in the external storage the way you want to and the naming is from the kernel using the sdXX

unhook all others and look for the storage as sda1 etc....
(2013-03-25, 07:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean they do not show up as "HD or SD"?

I believe there might be some issues with USB hard drives, but I don't know if it's an issue for all Android devices, or even if it's been fixed yet or not. See if any of the files will play from a network share or from a memory card, if you can.

Also, get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens.

This fixed the problem. I loaded one of the problem movies onto a USB drive and it played. Will get a debug log. It's nice to know what the problem was. Thanks for the replies.