Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cleaning the start of a movie name - for Enigma2 recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've seen suggestions on how to remove suffixes from filenames using "cleanstrings" in advancedsettings, but I believe that only works at the end of a filename, I have text at the start of a filename that I need to ignore.

My movies are being recorded by a satellite PVR running Enigma2 (actually an Amiko Alien 2) - there is a couple of filename formats that you can choose, but not a suitable "clean" one. The short filename format produces recordings with filenames like this which are prefixed by a date :

20130316 - 127 Hours.ts
20130316 - Total Recall.ts

What is the simplest way around this unwanted prefix, is there something in advancedsettings I can use or hack a copy of one of the scrapers ?
Probably the best you can do is add:
Code:
<RegExp input="$$1" output="\1" dest="1">
    <expression noclean="1">\d{8}%20-%20(.*)$</expression>
</RegExp>
directly below the <CreateSearchUrl ...> line in whatever movie scraper you want to use.
That looks like just what I need, many thanks.

Next step ... finding the scraper config files, I'm using xbian on a Pi, the system directory seems to be empty, is that an xbian specific thing ?
I'm not using xbian, but you may want to try the /usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/ directory or the ~/.xbmc/addons/ directory. Otherwise try

Code:
sudo find / -type d -name metadata.tvdb.com

The sudo isn't really required, but unless you run this command as user root, you will get a lot of "Permission denied" messages.
What this command does is lookup the metadata.tvdb.com directory.
(2013-03-24, 22:21)scudlee Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the best you can do is add:
Code:
</RegExp>
directly below the <CreateSearchUrl ...> line in whatever movie scraper you want to use.

I have the same Problem, but the tmdb.xml, there ist that code

Quote:<CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;url&gt;http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;query=\1&amp;amp;year=$$4&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;" dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$2" output="\1" dest="4">
<expression clear="yes">(.+)</expression>
</RegExp>
<expression noclean="1" />
</RegExp>
</CreateSearchUrl>

When i wrote this:

Quote:<CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
</RegExp>
</CreateSearchUrl>

then the tmdb cannot search anything more, the server is not reachable.

Can you help me?
"add" =/= "replace"
Oh i understand.
But i ADD this, see here:

Quote: <CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
</RegExp>
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;url&gt;http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;query=\1&amp;amp;year=$$4&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;" dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$2" output="\1" dest="4">
<expression clear="yes">(.+)</expression>
</RegExp>
<expression noclean="1" />
</RegExp>
</CreateSearchUrl>

But no change, the same as before, the File ist not found by scrapper,
any idea?
Are your file names exactly the same as those in the first post?

...I honestly can't remember if I actually tested this or not (it certainly "looks" right).

Edit: Just looked in my "Test movies" folder and there's a suspicious similarly-named folder, so I must have tested it (which means it should work).
Yes, its absolutely the same filename of the first post.

So, i test it with tmdb, is that correct or should i test another scraper? But witch one?
I've just (re-)tested with the tmdb scraper, and it definitely does work. I even copy-pasted the code you posted, just in case a small typo had slipped in, but it still worked.

I'd need to see a debug log (wiki) of you scanning in a movie to figure out why it's not working.
So, i have reinstalled all and installed all new.

Now it works perfect!

You are the best! Big Big thanks...
can anything can be done to change the filenames of tv episodes so tvdb recognises them and adds them to the tv show library?
Depends a lot on the folder structure and file naming.

As long as your TV shows are separated into different folders per series and your file names contain either the season/episode number or the original air-date then you stand a chance, as you can add ways to clean the folder name to get to the show title (either via cleanstrings or with a hack like in this thread), and you can always add a tvshowmatching regexp to capture the episode number or air-date if your file names don't match any of the defaults (check the examples).

What you can't do, though, is use it on a folder containing episodes of different series all mixed together, or if the file names don't contain any episode numbers or air-dates.

I'd recommend reading Video library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki).
Hello guys,

Quite have the same problem here. My SAT-Box (VU+ with Enigma2) saves the TV recordings as

20131126 1130 - Sky Cinema HD - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.ts

I need XBMC to ignore date, time and service name.

After reading this thread I have learned that I can change the scraper's xml file to do so. However, I do absolutely not know what I do have to change.

Is anybody of you so kind to help me? Blush

Thank you very much in advance!!
I have the same situation with my PVR ....
Can anyone help with the RegExp?

From the left, everything before the second " - " should be ignored (of course with the " - ") ..... maybe this makes it easier
Pages: 1 2