Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: movies in library broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just installed frodo 12.1 on my new gaming rig and enabled a few addons then added some movies to the library... some dvd iso and blueray iso files... but when i try to play a movie it plays back super slow and with no audio.
not sure why as everything plays back fine from navix.. I am on a high spec rig here and shouldnt have any problems playing back movies...
rig specs:
I5 3570k overclocked to 4.2 ghz
msi mpower motherboard
msi gtx680 lightning graphics card.

perfect playback from video addons and broken playback from library? frodo seems awesome aside from this so what could be the problem?
directx, .netfx40, and c++ runtimes all installed and up to date... I game at full speed in ultra settings on crysis 3 so this one has me confused... Confused
most likely you have the audio settings incorrect, which is known to cause video issues as well.
Check the wiki on how to set up the audio with the new AudioEngine.
(2013-03-25, 13:32)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]most likely you have the audio settings incorrect, which is known to cause video issues as well.
Check the wiki on how to set up the audio with the new AudioEngine.

Yep thats got it boss.... Thanks. solved by messing with the audio settings. i am running nvidia audio drivers and hdmi out through my graphics card for now until I get a Soundcard.
(2013-03-25, 14:20)ibleedspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Yep thats got it boss.... Thanks. solved by messing with the audio settings. i am running nvidia audio drivers and hdmi out through my graphics card for now until I get a Soundcard.

You do realize that a sound card will not improve the audio quality of a digital signal, right? If sound is going over HDMI then it's already bit-for-bit the same data that the sound card would process.