Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution changes when pressing "\"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I've been using this system for 2 months now and I just have this issue which I can't seem to resolve.
When I select my resolution I wish to use 1920x1080P since my tv supports it and it works. Now my issue is that when I accidentally press the "\" button which is located directly above my return key it switches to window mode. This is very nice but what I don't like is that it also changes my resolution in XBMC to 1024x768P and when I press the button again it keeps that resolution and doesn't go back to the desired full HD resolution. Does anyone have a solution as to how to fix that resolution in place?

Usefull info about the setup:
Full hd tv (Philips)
GRaphics: nvidia 210
From my computer the signal goes to the AV receiver (sony 520 something) and that sends the video through to my TV.
I use windows 7 x64 and XBMC Frodo

If any other info is needed I can provide it ofcourse. If I somehow missed it in another topic: I searched for it but couldn't find it.

Thanks
what resolution do you configure in windows?

Try changing that also to 1080p.
My resolution in Windows is also 1920x1080. Just everything very native, therefore I really don't know why it uses that resolution.
(2013-03-25, 19:04)ph0b0s1989 Wrote: [ -> ]My resolution in Windows is also 1920x1080. Just everything very native, therefore I really don't know why it uses that resolution.

Try opening the guisettings.xml file in your userdata folder and modifying the "Windowed" section.

<resolution>
<description>Windowed</description>
<subtitles>555</subtitles>
<pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
<overscan>
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>1920</right>
<bottom>1080</bottom>
</overscan>
</resolution>
You can also disable the \ key - xbmcbuntu does this. If you can't figure out how, post back and I'll figure it out tonight when I have xbmcbuntu in front of me.
I'm sorry for not responding earlier, I didn't have the chance to try anything since my modem gave out. without internet for 2 days. I will try it tomorrow!