Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Two subtitle on video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to see two subtitles on the video . My native language (up) and english (bottom) for example. I know kmplayer is able to do this, but I love XMBC and I wanna use remote control , and the XBMC handle very good . Anybody have any solution for this issue , because I cant load 2 subtitles.
Theoretically you could combine two text-based subtitle files into a single file which you could then use. XBMC wouldn't know the difference. There may be some sub apps that could do that - no idea. This would place them above each other at the bottom of the screen.

In principle, it could be done for text-based subs within XBMC using the same technique. I suspect the actual usage cases would be pretty low though, so unlikely that anyone would work on it.
If you use dual language sami(.smi) subtitle, you can do it. XBMC can display two language subtitles on the screen. Keyboard 'L' toggles subtitle language, language A, language B, language A and B, subtitle off.
Check this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87333
I made this smi with UzysSmiMerge file from the 2 different language srt file. I deleted the original srt files from the video folder, and copy the smi file. After when I try to load the subtitle (smi) , unfortunatelly not visible anything on the video (I tried the push "L" on the keyboard). Do you have any idea ?
smi subtitle made with UzysSmiMerge may have some problem in XBMC.
I don't know exactly what is problem, but you can try this:

Open the subtitle with text editor like Notepad++, and delete leading white space in the HEAD part.

Code:
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Uzys SMI Merge Tool</TITLE>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
P { margin-left:2pt; margin-right:2pt; margin-bottom:1pt;
    font-size:20pt; text-align:center; font-weight:bold;
    color:white; }
.ENCC { Name:English; lang:en-US; SAMIType:CC; }
.KRCC { Name:Korean; lang:ko-KR; SAMIType:CC; }
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
Yes the subtitle is working now ! But not same time , I press L and I can change between two language but not visible same time !
Can you upload the subtitle somewhere? Let me check.
Your sub works fine in my systems. I have tested on XBMC 12.1 for Windows, Android, iPad.

What is your XBMC version and OS? Can you post debug log?
Omg, I'm stupid, I used the old srt not the smi , that's why not worked the subtitle. After the copy, it is working properly. But many many thanks for your effort, because I can't switch on without you !!!!! THX !!!
Good to hear.
I'd like to put one subtitle on tv top and other on tv bottom
I don't want put subtitles as epoke shows in picture (subtitles so close each other)

How do?
(2013-11-24, 20:46)sassabetudo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to put one subtitle on tv top and other on tv bottom
I don't want put subtitles as epoke shows in picture (subtitles so close each other)

How do?
I don't believe XBMC supports that natively yet? There as script called "merge2ass" that can merge two ASS / SSA subtitle files together

http://yuenhoe.com/blog/2013/04/playing-...h-mplayer/
http://yuenhoe.com/merge2ass.sh
http://www.abclinuxu.cz/blog/Joseho_blog.../30/188299

With those output subtile files at least MPlayer now supports playing multiple subtitles simultaneously which I think shows that it is in demands

Might work with XBMC too, so give it a try and please report back with the result here

"What it does is it takes two different subtitle files and smushes it into a single ass file that basically shows the first subtitle file at the top of the screen and the second subtitle file at the bottom, something like this:"

ASS subtitles should work. I have used it previously with 3D OU files. It will show one subtitle on the lower half and the other on the upper half.
Hi to all

Any news with this?

Does anyone know how to play two subtitles at the same time?

Thanks a lot
Pages: 1 2