Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Cant Access Windows Network (SMB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am running xmbc on a g-box midnight(first day), when i try to go to add source for music or videos, i go to Windows Share, and 90% of the time it is empty, however occassionaly it will have WORKGROUP show up usually when i click workgroup it will give me Connection timed out, after about two seconds, and rarely it will go to the folders from my Network i did manage to get through all the errors once and add my music folder, however when i tried to play the songs, they would not play... i have tried adding the folders manually as well, under Add network location >> WORKGROUP(I have also tried to enter the computers IP address) >> Music(my music folder) >> and clicked Done, this has always come up with the same connection timed out after about 2 seconds any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Also is there a way to access the files on this device from my computer? ftp or otherwise?