Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on Win XP MCE to LG tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to XBMC having finally given up on Boxee Box after my 3rd Box broke on me again.

I've had a look around the forum to see if this has already been answered but I couldnt find anything, that could be due to my utter lack of knowledge that I don't know what I'm looking for. If someone has covered this already I apologize.

I'm running XBMC on my Windows XP Media Center Edition PC, and it has scanned all my local media.

I've connected it by Power-line Ethernet to my LG TV downstairs (model 42LM3400).

Now my LG can connect to DLNA and see the films on the network, but the available media menu the TV provides is awful to navigate.

Is it possible that through the Power-line adapter with the Ethernet going straight into tv, that I can actually have the XBMC view that I have on the PC upstairs on the tv, and that I can control it through a app on my phone or some other sort of control?

Or do I need other equipment?

Can someone please advise me or point me in the right direction of existing thread.
The only thing XBMC on your PC can provide your downstais TV through Ethernet line is Media Library through DLNA or UPNP.

In short if you want XBMC interface on your TV, you need to direct connect XBMC Device to your TV via HDMI / Video and let XBMC be media renderer.

So you need another XBMC device downstairs.
Thank for your help