Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
extended info widget on home screen is showing "upcoming movies"
however when i click on it, then chose a trailer it says "error: no youtube id found"

i got youtube addon installed with credentials in it
i see i can add extended info credentials in addon, but those are not youtube id..

what do i do wrong?
I think you need to update script.module.youtube.dl to the latest (30 July 2019) release of youtube-dl.

Unfortunately, the script is not being maintained so you have to do it yourself.  The good news is if you can copy/paste files it isn't too hard.

1.  Get latest (30 Jul 2019 or newer) release of youtube-dl from github as a zip file and store locally.
2.  In a file browser, open the folder script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl (location of Kodi user addons is system-specific see Wiki if you can't locate).
3.  In a zip reader, open the youtube-dl zip from step 1 and open the folder youtube_dl.
4.  Copy/replace all files from 3 into 2 (include all subfolders of youtube_dl).  Any orphan py files in 2 are probably extractors that no longer work and can be deleted. (this isn't a concern for extendedinfo script as youtube is the only extractor you need).  Don't worry about any pyo files, but you can delete them if you want (will be rebuilt when script is run in Kodi).

scott s.
(2017-04-02, 01:02)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

When I use plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=incinemamovies and plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=upcomingmovies, I have not the same lists are on moviedb https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/now-playing and https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/upcoming.
Is there a fix for this?
Some region mod... Somehow?
A quiet place...
Nevermind, I figured it out.
TheMovieDB.py > def get_data
Change - url = "%s%s?%s" to url = "%s%s?%s&language=en-US&region=CA
(2019-08-01, 17:41)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need to update script.module.youtube.dl to the latest (30 July 2019) release of youtube-dl.

Unfortunately, the script is not being maintained so you have to do it yourself.  The good news is if you can copy/paste files it isn't too hard.

1.  Get latest (30 Jul 2019 or newer) release of youtube-dl from github as a zip file and store locally.
2.  In a file browser, open the folder script.module.youtube.dl/lib/youtube_dl (location of Kodi user addons is system-specific see Wiki if you can't locate).
3.  In a zip reader, open the youtube-dl zip from step 1 and open the folder youtube_dl.
4.  Copy/replace all files from 3 into 2 (include all subfolders of youtube_dl).  Any orphan py files in 2 are probably extractors that no longer work and can be deleted. (this isn't a concern for extendedinfo script as youtube is the only extractor you need).  Don't worry about any pyo files, but you can delete them if you want (will be rebuilt when script is run in Kodi).

scott s.

Thanks, it work again Smile
I have this script enabled in madnox skin, when i long press on OK whilst highlighting a movie, the extended info page slides into view , but when highlighting "play" on screen and pressing OK on keyboard or remote, nothing happens ? is there a setting anyway to activate the "play" button in EIS please ?
EDIT: found "patch" that Angelinas submitted , fixed, thank you sir.
Hi Mods, realised I shouldnt have posted here so I've reposted on the skin (estuary) specific board, please delete

littlejeem

Hopefully, I'm in the right place  Huh

I have an issue with script.extendedinfo on Kodi 18.5. What happens is that when i select the extended info button on a movie I get an error message in the top right-hand corner.

error box message

The debug log is here
debug log

From scanning through this it looks like the issue is to do with this section
bash:

2020-01-25 18:08:15.373 T:140514510743296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named YDStreamExtractor
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/default.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import process
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/process.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import Trakt
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/Trakt.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import TheMovieDB as tmdb
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from kodi65 import kodijson
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodi65/lib/kodi65/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from listitem import ListItem, VideoItem, AudioItem
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodi65/lib/kodi65/listitem.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from kodi65 import utils
                                              File "/home/jlivin25/.kodi/addons/script.module.kodi65/lib/kodi65/utils.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                import YDStreamExtractor
                                            ImportError: No module named YDStreamExtractor
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

seems the script is looking for something called YDStreamExtractor but it's missing
bash:
ImportError: No module named YDStreamExtractor

I don't have enough knowledge to fix and my googlefu has failed me on this occasion. Sad

Any help or pointers gratefully received!
(2020-01-26, 23:34)littlejeem Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with script.extendedinfo on Kodi 18.5
I'm afraid you won't get any support regarding skinhelper and script extenndedinfo here. It's pretty dead. No code changes or updates since years.
Although it has been incorporated into some Leia skins, everyone wants to get rid of it. It will go extinct in Kodi 19.

I also have some extreme SH bugs several times reported. Since I integrated @rmrector artworkhelper and @sualfred embuary helper,
when starting script extendedinfo the entire texture handler collapsing and everything regarding artwork except skin textures disappearing forever until Kodi restart.
@littlejeem

To fix the issue in script extendedinfo is simple, download and install script module youtube.dl updated version via zip file option in Kodi addon manager.

https://files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts/scr...ube.dl.zip

@"chrissix" 
Skin helper and all others scripts by Marcel is active and update to Matrix, working very well...Aeon MQ9 continue using the same scripts in Matrix version....

PR was opened for each addon but don't was merged yet...

Extendedinfo unhappy use one module was deprecated in python 3, and probably is the only dead to Kodi Matrix.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...vice/pulls
(2020-02-04, 03:26)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@littlejeem

To fix the issue in script extendedinfo is simple, download and install script module youtube.dl updated version via zip file option in Kodi addon manager.

https://files.xbmcbrasil.net/Scripts/scr...ube.dl.zip

It looks like you updated script.module.youtube.dl to python3 and also updated to latest youtube-dl extractors?

Meanwhile I have extendedinfo/kodi65 so it isn't throwing python3 errors, but I need to work on another of Phil's scripts (script.module.autocompletion)

scott s.
@scott967 

i only get here, and replace the files

https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

Fix a little files using script 2to3.py

Unhappy have module deprecated, extendedinfo work partially with Kodi Matrix now....

Yes, autocomplete it's other dont work here too...I need try later again...
(2020-01-26, 23:34)littlejeem Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mods, realised I shouldnt have posted here so I've reposted on the skin (estuary) specific board, please delete

littlejeem

Hi All

@Wanilton @"chrissix" @scott967 many thanks to you all for responding, that fix sorted......all working now and I learned something new! Smile
(2020-02-04, 03:26)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Skin helper and all others scripts by Marcel is active and update to Matrix, working very well...Aeon MQ9 continue using the same scripts in Matrix version....
sure, issue tickets open since 3 year, pr open since 2 year, latest merge pull req 1 year... 
that well maintained one skin coder after another drop it and working on alternatives...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2893721
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916858
to be honest, should not be critic cause free, but we should stick to the truth.

Quote:@chrissix
Skin helper and all others scripts by Marcel is active and update
The true is easy, work well...and great have more alternative now...