Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phil, I want to use the old way to fill a list with youtube videos.
With the code below I get the thumbnail in my list okay, but the onclick to play the video doesn't work.
I have tried several different ways for errrr the last 2 hours but I can't seem to get the videos to play.
Do I have the correct format?... Thanks

PHP Code:
<item>
<
thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(YoutubeSearch.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
<
onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window(Home).Property(YoutubeSearch.1.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
</
item
property with youtube plugin path is named ".Play" (see YouTube.Py)
(2014-11-05, 00:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]property with youtube plugin path is named ".Play" (see YouTube.Py)
ahhhh... Should have looked there but I didn't even think about it. thanks
Hi
i am using version 0.2 of extendedscript now. I would like to update that , but somehow i get an error when installing the new version : add on does not have the correct structure.

all i do is download the zip from the github and install.

I use Aeon MQ5.

What am i doing wrong ?
(2014-11-05, 20:53)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
i am using version 0.2 of extendedscript now. I would like to update that , but somehow i get an error when installing the new version : add on does not have the correct structure.

all i do is download the zip from the github and install.

I use Aeon MQ5.

What am i doing wrong ?

Doesnt matter since the newest script version wont work with that skin.
Also pay attention to the subforum description: "GUI skin development and xml coding, for skinners only."
You wouldn't consider changing the maxResults from 20 to 50 in these 2 sections of Youtube.py would you?Big Grin

PHP Code:
def GetYoutubeSearchVideos(search_string=""hd=""orderby="relevance"):

results = []
    if 
hd and not hd == "false":

hd_string "&hd=true"

else:

hd_string ""

search_string urllib.quote(search_string.replace('"'''))

base_url 'https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?part=id%2Csnippet&maxResults=20&type=video'

url '&q=%s&order=%s&key=%s%s' % (search_stringorderbyyoutube_key2hd_string)

results Get_JSON_response(base_url url0.5)
    if 
results:
        return 
HandleYouTubeVideoResults(results["items"])
    else:
        return []

def GetYoutubePlaylistVideos(playlistid=""):

base_url 'https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlistItems?part=id%2Csnippet&maxResults=20'

url '&playlistId=%s&key=%s' % (playlistidyoutube_key2)

results Get_JSON_response(base_url url0.5)

#  prettyprint(results)

if results:
        return 
HandleYouTubeVideoResults(results["items"])
    else:
        return [] 
phil,

When using this script on osx I am getting the following error (and trending shows do not load). Script works fine on my windows pc.

08:35:55 T:2965180416 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.extendedinfo\\c2hvd3MvdHJlbmRpbmcuanNvbi83YjIyODFmMGQ0NDFhYjFiZjRmZGMzOWZkNmNjY2YxNQ==.txt')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 586, in <module>
Main()
File "/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 43, in __init__
self._StartInfoActions()
File "/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 268, in _StartInfoActions
passDataToSkin('TrendingShows', GetTrendingShows(), self.prop_prefix, self.window, self.control, self.handle)
File "/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/Trakt.py", line 131, in GetTrendingShows
results = Get_JSON_response(base_url, url)
File "/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/Utils.py", line 442, in Get_JSON_response
if xbmcvfs.exists(path) and ((time.time() - os.path.getmtime(path)) < cache_seconds):
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-32/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_i386-target/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/livingroommac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.extendedinfo\\c2hvd3MvdHJlbmRpbmcuanNvbi83YjIyODFmMGQ0NDFhYjFiZjRmZGMzOWZkNmNjY2YxNQ==.txt')
-->End of Python script error report<--
you dont use my newest version so I cant give any support.
Sorry for that didn't delete the old folder one before pasting in the new. All is now working. Thanks.
Came across another error that requires a shutdown to escape from.

json file... http://pastebin.com/6sL9sbjc

PHP Code:
10:01:01 T:472   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>

Error Contentsunsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'unicode'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 586in <module>

Main()

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 43in __init__
                                                self
._StartInfoActions()

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 100in _StartInfoActions
                                                passDataToSkin
('Discography'GetDiscography(self.ArtistName), self.prop_prefixself.windowself.controlself.handle)

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\TheAudioDB.py"line 163in GetDiscography

return HandleAudioDBAlbumResult(results)

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\TheAudioDB.py"line 28in HandleAudioDBAlbumResult
                                                Description 
+= "[CR][CR][B]REVIEW:[/B][CR][CR]" album["strReview"]

TypeErrorunsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'unicode'

-->End of Python script error report<--[ 
hmm ok, AudioDB scraper returns very uncommon results when no data is available.
Another blind fix: https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...8926ab8425
(2014-11-07, 20:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm ok, AudioDB scraper returns very uncommon results when no data is available.
Another blind fix: https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...8926ab8425

Nah... thats a no go. Confused

PHP Code:
19:03:02 T:2796   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>

Error Contents'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 586, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 43, in __init__
                                                self._StartInfoActions()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 100, in _StartInfoActions
                                                passDataToSkin('
Discography', GetDiscography(self.ArtistName), self.prop_prefix, self.window, self.control, self.handle)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\TheAudioDB.py", line 164, in GetDiscography
                                                return HandleAudioDBAlbumResult(results)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\TheAudioDB.py", line 28, in HandleAudioDBAlbumResult
                                                if review and str(review) != "null":
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: '
ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 27ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<-- 
try again. Wink
(2014-11-08, 05:29)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]try again. Wink
Wink you da man!... works great
Hi Phil

Is it possible to add in these list's a YouTube search action on click:

Quote:Top Music Artists: info=topartists
Shows appearing on TV: info=airingshows
Shows premiering on TV: info=premiereshows
Trending TV Shows: info=trendingshows
Near Concerts: info=nearevents
Concerts for Venue: info=venueevents

Also it will be great if is possible when you click a TV Show item that it's in the local library, to go to the root of that item. If not then do a YouTube search.

Cheers
Nessus