Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah. That's the one I was using which throws up the error immediately on start-up without a default.py "fix".

:/
"call the script with

onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=NearEvents)</onclick>"

ok guys do i stick this on the startup.xml if so where do i place it in there please

Thanks for any help people
(2014-11-16, 22:09)kizzer31 Wrote: [ -> ]"call the script with

onclick>RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=NearEvents)</onclick>"

ok guys do i stick this on the startup.xml if so where do i place it in there please

Thanks for any help people

You donĀ“t put that anywhere. The skin maintainer does.

(2014-11-16, 12:26)kuzeth Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. That's the one I was using which throws up the error immediately on start-up without a default.py "fix".

Then change the skin.
i am on latest version of xbmc on mq5, however each time i try to install the extended script via the zip file using the xbmc's install meathod i am unable to see the extended script add on in the program add on. am i missing something?
Phil, I believe I have found a bug in YouTube.py. If you run info=youtubeplaylist with an Id of a playlist that has had a video
recently deleted for some reason or another by Youtube. It throws an error. I believe because the thumb is no longer available.
If I remove "'Thumb': item["snippet"]["thumbnails"]["high"]["url"]," from line 51 in YouTube.py the error goes away and the
playlist loads but without thumbnails of course.

I have had it happen to me twice now out of the blue when loading different playlists and both times when going to Youtubes
website I have found that in the list their was a video that has been recently removed.

Playlist id = PLrEnWoR732-D67iteOI6DPdJH1opjAuJt

PHP Code:
01:35:16 T:2928   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                    - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>

Error Contents: ('thumbnails',)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 515in <module>

Main()

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 40in __init__
                                                self
._StartInfoActions()

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py"line 266in _StartInfoActions
                                                passDataToSkin
('YoutubePlaylist'GetYoutubePlaylistVideos(self.id), self.prop_prefixself.windowself.controlself.handleself.limit)

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\YouTube.py"line 84in GetYoutubePlaylistVideos

return HandleYouTubeVideoResults(results["items"])

File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\YouTube.py"line 51in HandleYouTubeVideoResults
                                                video 
= {'Thumb'item["snippet"]["thumbnails"]["high"]["url"],

KeyError: ('thumbnails',)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<--
01:35:16 T:4456   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=youtubeplaylist&&id=PLrEnWoR732-D67iteOI6DPdJH1opjAuJt 
thx. fixed.
(2014-11-18, 12:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]thx. fixed.

Works great... thanks
(2014-11-17, 00:11)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-16, 12:26)kuzeth Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. That's the one I was using which throws up the error immediately on start-up without a default.py "fix".

Then change the skin.

That's not really a fix though Tongue

The latest Aeon Nox for Gotham, one of the most popular skins in the community. Can I inquire what the issue is? I know you may not have time to fix it, just curious.
(2014-11-18, 12:45)kuzeth Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-17, 00:11)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Then change the skin.

That's not really a fix though Tongue

The latest Aeon Nox for Gotham, one of the most popular skins in the community. Can I inquire what the issue is? I know you may not have time to fix it, just curious.

The latest Aeon Nox for Gotham is the repo version from BigNoid which does not use script.extendedinfo at all, there is no other official Aeon Nox for Gotham despite some mods which are mainly unmaintained. The issue is that the skin / mod you are using uses old script calls which dont work anymore because of depracated online APIs.
Ah, no worries Phil, thanks for clearing that up. Which skin would you recommend that's an official Nox alternative?
If Nox 5 is not your taste I can recommend Bello and Xperience1080, I like both of them.
You could also try my own skin which is based on my Nox work some time ago (heavy work in progress though): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202302
No worries Phil, thanks!
Hi Phil... Hey bro I have one small request. Is it possible for you to add info=similarartists back into the script to where it will use the function GetSimilarById? I see you have info=similarartistsinlibrary that uses GetSimilarArtistsInLibrary, and it works well, but sometimes it only returns 1 or 2 artists while GetSimilarById will return many. Thanks. Wink
Sorry to be a pain but how do I actually install this?

I tried to install from zip file but nothing happened
(2014-11-23, 00:22)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain but how do I actually install this?

I tried to install from zip file but nothing happened

You need to use a skin that utilizes this script. It won't do anything on its own.