Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone has problem with TrendingShows lately ?.
It worked fine until 2-3 days ago but now gives me a script error. TrendingMovies are working fine.

Phil, should i post a debug log ?

Cheers
Nessus
(2014-11-23, 16:19)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone has problem with TrendingShows lately ?.
It worked fine until 2-3 days ago but now gives me a script error. TrendingMovies are working fine.

Phil, should i post a debug log ?

Cheers
Nessus

As already stated several times, could also just be time-outs.
You can try out by takin the corresponding URL from xbmc log and putting it into your browser. If nothing shows up after some seconds then time-outs will be the reason Wink
Log always helps of course.
Phil, the readme needs updating for similar movies as they also need &&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID] adding.

Thanks.
(2014-11-23, 19:04)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]As already stated several times, could also just be time-outs.
You can try out by takin the corresponding URL from xbmc log and putting it into your browser. If nothing shows up after some seconds then time-outs will be the reason Wink
You are correct. I deleted script's addon_data folder and all working fine now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Nessus
(2014-11-23, 22:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Phil, the readme needs updating for similar movies as they also need &&dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID] adding.

Thanks.

Done. thanks.

(2014-11-23, 22:11)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 19:04)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]As already stated several times, could also just be time-outs.

Cheers
Nessus

Hmm if you solved it this way then it would mean that some corrupted JSON data was cached? It shouldnt cache anything if there is no JSON data returned from Trakt.TV.
(2014-11-23, 22:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 22:11)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers
Nessus

Hmm if you solved it this way then it would mean that some corrupted JSON data was cached? It shouldnt cache anything if there is no JSON data returned from Trakt.TV.
Yes. I deleted script's cashed data and it works. It took some time tho. About 10-15 minutes to show the data but with no script errors until then. Unfortunately i completely deleted the cashed files so can't send them to you.

Cheers
Nessus
(2014-11-23, 10:13)Sranshaft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 00:22)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain but how do I actually install this?

I tried to install from zip file but nothing happened

You need to use a skin that utilizes this script. It won't do anything on its own.

I'm using Aeon MQ. Should work fine with that shouldn't it?
(2014-11-24, 03:01)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 10:13)Sranshaft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 00:22)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain but how do I actually install this?

I tried to install from zip file but nothing happened

You need to use a skin that utilizes this script. It won't do anything on its own.

that skin is unmaintained for several months. probably not.
(2014-11-24, 03:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 03:01)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-23, 10:13)Sranshaft Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use a skin that utilizes this script. It won't do anything on its own.

Really?? I though that was the 'goto skin' with the most features.
On the original post for this thread the example shown in the pictures is Aeon MQ isn't it?
(2014-11-24, 14:05)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 03:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 03:01)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Aeon MQ. Should work fine with that shouldn't it?

On the original post for this thread the example shown in the pictures is Aeon MQ isn't it?

Depends on who you listen to Wink
The first-post pictures are from Aeon Nox 3.5 / 4.0
I´m in the process of adding two dialogs to this script, ActorInfo and MovieInfo.
Main reason for this is that I finally want to get rid of metadata.actors script. (that one was written for Eden, does not have any proper maintainer atm and is just a big big mess in terms of code)
Nice thing is that I only had to add very few lines to my script, most stuff was already done by all the scraper stuff I implemented before Smile
Another nice bonus: when it´s done you will also be able to open the script movieinfo dialog from everywhere with a RunScript() command by passing either dbid, tmdb id or imdb id (metadata.actors only offered that to some extent for ActorInfo). That way you can get a full movie infodialog for home menu widgets for example, including actors and much more. (there will be more info available than metadata.actors offered)

If anyone feels adventurous then you can try out those dialogs already:
To open those dialogs from anywhere:

Runscript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedactorinfo,name=ACTORNAME)
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,id=TMDBID) (dbid / imdbid not workin yet)

I also recommend to add a prefix= parameter for better structured property naming.

You will have to create the following xml files:

script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogVideoInfo.xml
script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo.xml

Available Properties for the movieinfo dialog:

Window(home).Property(...)

Code:
'Poster'
'fanart'
'Title'
'Label'
'Tagline'
'RunningTime'
'Duration'
'mpaa'
'Director'
'Writer'
'Budget'
'Homepage'
'Set'
'SetId'
'ID'
'Plot'
'OriginalTitle'
'Genre'
'Rating'
'Play'
'Trailer'
'Path'
'ReleaseDate'
'Premiered'
'Country'
'Studio'
'DiscArt'
'VideoResolution'
'AudioChannels'
'VideoCodec'
'VideoAspect'
'Logo'
'DBID'
'Studio'
'Year'

List with ID 50 --> gets filled with actors

More documentation will follow.

Cheers
(2014-11-24, 15:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 14:05)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 03:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]that skin is unmaintained for several months. probably not.

So what's everyone using now? I know ts is a broad question but is any skin particularly stand out or more popular?
If I'm going to switch (as I do like to stay modern) any recommendations - and obviously is extended info compatible with it? It doesn't have to be but is a 'nice to have'
I've been looking at Titan media browser.
Phil, I'm currently building a Fire TV skin and this script has made some of the views possible for which I'm very grateful, and funnily enough I've been working on the video info dialog for the last couple of days. Can you tell me if either of these actor lists are possible with this script or can the info only be for one actor at a time?

Many thanks.
(2014-11-24, 16:49)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 15:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 14:05)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Really?? I though that was the 'goto skin' with the most features.

So what's everyone using now? I know ts is a broad question but is any skin particularly stand out or more popular?
If I'm going to switch (as I do like to stay modern) any recommendations - and obviously is extended info compatible with it? It doesn't have to be but is a 'nice to have'
I've been looking at Titan media browser.

My only real advice is to use something which is maintained actively.
The rest is matter of taste.

(2014-11-24, 16:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Phil, I'm currently building a Fire TV skin and this script has made some of the views possible for which I'm very grateful, and funnily enough I've been working on the video info dialog for the last couple of days. Can you tell me if either of these actor lists are possible with this script or can the info only be for one actor at a time?

Many thanks.

The first one would require a dynamic amount of lists. I don´t think that it can be done in a nice way. (Ideas welcome)
The second one is more in reach, but would still require me to do a separate API call for each actor because that´s the only way to get biography info.
so sadly your idea is not that easy to work out I guess. Will think about it a bit more and have a look at the TMDB API again.
I thought the first one might be a bit too ambitious so I'll have a play around with the other one. At least I can display the icon, actor and role using the standard list (50) and I'll see if I can use an onfocus button to display the ActorInfo.

Thanks.