Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-12-22, 00:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 00:07)steved Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Phil. excuse my ignorance but brand new to this XBMC. pulling my hair out Smile i am on open elec xbmc 13.
I have tried to install extendedinfo script. it appears to install but is then not shown in programs. I read earlier that you said this i not a programs. However the YouTube vids i have seen all have it in programs.
if not there where should i look for it? I have no idea if it has been installed.

thanks.

it´s listed under helper add-ons since several weeks.

Ok lost me there. Helper add-ons? Not sure what/where you mean?
add-ons --> helper add-ons. (only visible in helix i think)
vielen Dank. I looked just about everywhere! or not.
I shall have a look there now Smile

thanks once again
just had a look. still no closer. where is "Helper" add-ons?

I looked in both skins and still no closer.

thanks
(2014-12-22, 00:42)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]add-ons --> helper add-ons. (only visible in helix i think)

I am still running Gotham.
(2014-12-22, 01:07)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 00:42)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]add-ons --> helper add-ons. (only visible in helix i think)

then you cant see it. doesnt really matter.
(2014-12-22, 01:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:07)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]

Any hints? I have downloaded the zip from github which done in the past. Installed from .zip within xbmc and it doesn't seem to work. When I check the /appdata/roaming/xbmc/addon folder I see it but doesn't work.
(2014-12-22, 01:13)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:07)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]I am still running Gotham.

Any hints? I have downloaded the zip from github which done in the past. Installed from .zip within xbmc and it doesn't seem to work. When I check the /appdata/roaming/xbmc/addon folder I see it but doesn't work.

what makes you think that it does not work? because you are unable to browse to settings --> add-ons --> helper addons?
(2014-12-22, 01:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:13)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]then you cant see it. doesnt really matter.

what makes you think that it does not work? because you are unable to browse to settings --> add-ons --> helper addons?

I am running 5 PCs. 2 are running version 0.5.0 of script and seem to work. When I view movie collections with the 0.5.0 version using Aero MQ5 skin I get the extended info on the info. IE: Blu rays in collection etc.

Using one from github I do not.
(2014-12-22, 01:28)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:13)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]Any hints? I have downloaded the zip from github which done in the past. Installed from .zip within xbmc and it doesn't seem to work. When I check the /appdata/roaming/xbmc/addon folder I see it but doesn't work.

I am running 5 PCs. 2 are running version 0.5.0 of script and seem to work. When I view movie collections with the 0.5.0 version using Aero MQ5 skin I get the extended info on the info. IE: Blu rays in collection etc.

that´s because MQ5 is outdated and not maintained.
(2014-12-22, 01:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:28)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what makes you think that it does not work? because you are unable to browse to settings --> add-ons --> helper addons?

Also found 0.0.2 and works. Hmmmm...

So saying MQ5 is outdated. Interested. What are people using now instead?
(2014-12-22, 01:36)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 01:28)rmilyard Wrote: [ -> ]I am running 5 PCs. 2 are running version 0.5.0 of script and seem to work. When I view movie collections with the 0.5.0 version using Aero MQ5 skin I get the extended info on the info. IE: Blu rays in collection etc.

Also found 0.0.2 and works. Hmmmm...

So saying MQ5 is outdated. Interested. What are people using now instead?

not part of this thread. (this is devs only in general)
phil,

I will preface this by saying I have never taken a class in computer science but have done the odd modification of .xml since using Kodi.

As you can see below, I have an almost complete DialogVideoInfo modeled for Aeon Nox 5. I have, however, run into a few issues. I 'm not sure if the issues are related to bad code or conflicts with the way extendedinfo functions.

Here is a sample screenshot of where I'm at:

Movie Set View:

The second pic includes a roadmap of my current issues. Basically, I used three togglebuttons to hide six panels with content in each panel: Plot/Cast, Trailers/Movie Set and Recommended/YouTube.

Recommended Movies:

My outstanding issues are as follows:
  • Studio icons won't load. As you can see, I can get the text, but the icon won't load despite having the correct path.
  • Panels 350 & 1150 won't return any calls. Panel 350 is supposed to call YouTube videos. Panel 1150 calls a list of Trailers. I read the extendedinfo documentation and it appears these call may be different, but I couldn't understand how to correct the syntax.
Panel ID's:
  • Plot - 800 (working)
  • Cast - 1000 (working)
  • Trailers - 1150 (not working)
  • Movie Set - 250 (working)
  • Recommended - 150 (working)
  • YouTube - 350 (not working)
Any further instruction would be welcome.
Sorry, I can only point to the reference implementation for now. Do it like it is done there. This is a constant WIP atm so creating documentation does not make too much sense.
(2014-12-22, 06:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I can only point to the reference implementation for now. Do it like it is done there. This is a constant WIP atm so creating documentation does not make too much sense.

You are too fast. A forum member directed me to the the issue with the <ondown> issue. He says the studio icon issue is related to its multi-call of studio names not matching the corresponding .png. Example: studio1/studio2/studio3, etc. The pictures above display this.

The YouTube and Trailer sections remain unsolved.
(2014-12-22, 06:40)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-22, 06:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I can only point to the reference implementation for now. Do it like it is done there. This is a constant WIP atm so creating documentation does not make too much sense.
You are too fast.

Should I code slower? Tongue