Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-02, 18:15)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
16:08:22 T:3740   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 56, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 22, in __init__
                                                self.control = StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\process.py", line 196, in StartInfoActions
                                                data = GetTrendingShows(), "TrendingShows"
                                              File "C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\Trakt.py", line 145, in GetTrendingShows
                                                return HandleTraktTVShowResult(results)
                                              File "C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\Trakt.py", line 120, in HandleTraktTVShowResult
                                                'Label2': tvshow["air_day"] + " " + tvshow["air_time"],
                                            TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:08:22 T:3784  NOTICE: finished

Is this an issue with the skin im using or something that changed with the latest Trakt update?

Thanks, should be fixed with https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...3df5953e3c
Hi phil,

Just wondering if a default onclick action is planned when using the <content>plugin:// container fill method? Currently a click will throw up a script error, launch DialogBusy and hang. This was with <content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=intheaters</content> but it happens with most. Is there a way to link to a youtube trailer?

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Avu0jBQA
(2015-01-03, 01:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi phil,

Just wondering if a default onclick action is planned when using the <content>plugin:// container fill method? Currently a click will throw up a script error, launch DialogBusy and hang. This was with <content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=intheaters</content> but it happens with most. Is there a way to link to a youtube trailer?

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Avu0jBQA

That error is just connected to the bigger core overhaul I mentioned earlier in the thread. will fix it.
OnClick behaviour can already be toggled in script settings.
should be fixed now.
Hey Phil,

So I really like the new VideoInfo window, but I have a question for you- There doesn't seem to be a way to "Refresh" the movie information anymore. You can edit it via libraryeditor, but that doesn't help if I refresh the info file through a scraper like Ember. Is there something I could do to add that function back to the window (or is it there and I am just blind?)?

I looked in the wiki and couldn't seem to find a built-in function to do this...
(2015-01-03, 18:39)ZexisStryfe Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Phil,

So I really like the new VideoInfo window, but I have a question for you- There doesn't seem to be a way to "Refresh" the movie information anymore. You can edit it via libraryeditor, but that doesn't help if I refresh the info file through a scraper like Ember. Is there something I could do to add that function back to the window (or is it there and I am just blind?)?

I looked in the wiki and couldn't seem to find a built-in function to do this...

You cannot change it because the dialog displays online data from TheMovieDB, not the data from local videodb.
(2015-01-03, 18:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

You cannot change it because the dialog displays online data from TheMovieDB, not the data from local videodb.

Oh, I know that. I don't want to refresh the info in the VideoInfo window, but since this new window replaces the DialogVideoInfo window there is now no way to refresh it in the local database. My biggest use case for this is when a sequel comes out to a movie and I create a new movieset in Ember and add these two movies. I used to be able to go into DialogVideoInfo and refresh the old movie so it adds it to the movieset. Now I have no way to do this... Confused
(2015-01-03, 18:51)ZexisStryfe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-03, 18:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, I know that. I don't want to refresh the info in the VideoInfo window, but since this new window replaces the DialogVideoInfo window there is now no way to refresh it in the local database. My biggest use case for this is when a sequel comes out to a movie and I create a new movieset in Ember and add these two movies. I used to be able to go into DialogVideoInfo and refresh the old movie so it adds it to the movieset. Now I have no way to do this... Confused

It gets automatically added to a set once that is done on TheMovieDB. I will add a button to force-refresh the actual movie though because atm data is cached for 30 days i think. That only accounts for the movie data itself though, not for the local db data. for that you would have to add some workaround, in my own skin I ask for re-scrape when coming from files view instead of library view.
Using this dialog as a replacement for DialogVideoInfo is not recommended though and probably a no-go for repo skins (it should at least be optional)

EDIT: that being said, it would be possible to auto-update local data everytime you update the online data. Will have a look into it after the rest is finished.
I know my words are now invisible, but I have a couple of observations with the most recent version of the script dialogs:

1. The problem involving the incorrect movie poster loading for titles appears to have been resolved. However, I have seen an issue with an actor's complete filmography failing to load. I'm not sure how common this problem is, but it appears improved over the frequency of the issue with movie art. If it happens frequently, I'll post a debug log.

2. The properties "Known Movies" and "Age" load as "Unavailable." I'm not sure if you plan to bring these items back. Having the actor's age would be nice. The other is negligible.

3. YouTube videos now play as designed and are much easier to browse now that the total has been reduced to 15 titles.
Will this add-on auto update or is there a repo I need to add?
(2015-01-05, 15:58)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: [ -> ]Will this add-on auto update or is there a repo I need to add?

you have to update manually using my GitHub repository for now. Aim is official repo, but still some work to do to get it there.
(2015-01-05, 16:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]you have to update manually using my GitHub repository for now. Aim is official repo, but still some work to do to get it there.

It's a shame ...

It would be nice to have it right away in a repository, even create a repository for a beta version. With version management, one could easily reinstall an older version in case of bug.
As against this would all more easily updated in the versions and could report errors faster ...

In the meantime, why not use an alternative repository as passion-xbmc.org or superrepo.org? (I am not doing advertising Wink)
I'm getting a script error relating to this use of the plugin with a Rotten Tomatoes widget added to the Aeon Nox 5 Home screen:
213961 (thread).

My laptop with the same addon versions is fine. My other PC fails when attempting to load any title from the widget.

Here is the Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SiuEQUMg.
Is there something change in the onclick action when using the <content>plugin:// container fill method ?
Until now clicking on the items you had a list of YouTube videos based on the item keyword. Now is just opens the YouTube addon.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-01-06, 14:16)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something change in the onclick action when using the <content>plugin:// container fill method ?
Until now clicking on the items you had a list of YouTube videos based on the item keyword. Now is just opens the YouTube addon.

Cheers
Nessus

you´re long enough in the business to know that I need bit more exact information + debug log Smile