Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@phil65: You dont have this problem in your skin because you use script xml as replacement for video info. But for skins that dont use that, the fullscreen video opens behind the video info dialog. Could you add an action to the onclick that does Dialog.Close(2003)?
(2015-01-28, 19:18)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65: You dont have this problem in your skin because you use script xml as replacement for video info. But for skins that dont use that, the fullscreen video opens behind the video info dialog. Could you add an action to the onclick that does Dialog.Close(2003)?

hmm I see. One quick solution would be to add Dialog.Close(movieinformation) to the onclick/ondown on skinning level (btw better to use the window names than ids)
That would not be perfect though because you wouldnt get back to the movie info dialog after closing actor info. Will see if I can solve that properly.
I guess old habits die hard Smile Using full names is better practice, I agree.

I'll keep that workaround in mind. For now I wont hide the info screen anymore when playing video, so at least its clear to users whats happening.
Is there any way you can add increments for when the cache is cleared? If I could update the content every three days or every week, I'd be happy. Currently, I've graduated from deleting the add-on data to manually refreshing the cache.

Hey phil, wondering if you can point me in the right direction? I have been trying for days to figure out how the refresh interval is handled/controlled for the trakt trending (movie and tv) when populating widget content. I had a look through your skin code and found this
Code:
<onclick> Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(skinsettings).Property(WidgetTargetPrefix)].$INFO[Window(skinsettings).Property(WidgetSelection)] Content,plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=trendingmovies)
to set the widget target and had a look at the extendedinfo resources/lib/Utils.py and found this
Code:
def Get_JSON_response(url="", cache_days=7.0, folder=False):
which appears to be a 7 day cache and this one
Code:
cache_seconds = int(cache_days * 86400.0)
which I am not sure about... I was wondering how the content refresh is controlled and if there is a similar call to refresh the content like a
Code:
&amp;reload=1 days
or something like that. Not sure if I am overlooking something and I would have preferred to figure this out on my own but I have unfortunately hit a dead end Sad

Thanks
(2015-01-31, 20:02)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey phil, wondering if you can point me in the right direction? I have been trying for days to figure out how the refresh interval is handled/controlled for the trakt trending (movie and tv) when populating widget content. I had a look through your skin code and found this
Code:
<onclick> Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(skinsettings).Property(WidgetTargetPrefix)].$INFO[Window(skinsettings).Property(WidgetSelection)] Content,plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=trendingmovies)
to set the widget target and had a look at the extendedinfo resources/lib/Utils.py and found this
Code:
def Get_JSON_response(url="", cache_days=7.0, folder=False):
which appears to be a 7 day cache and this one
Code:
cache_seconds = int(cache_days * 86400.0)
which I am not sure about... I was wondering how the content refresh is controlled and if there is a similar call to refresh the content like a
Code:
&amp;reload=1 days
or something like that. Not sure if I am overlooking something and I would have preferred to figure this out on my own but I have unfortunately hit a dead end Sad

Thanks

I am doing caching on purpose to keep the API calls low. No intention to change that.
(2015-01-31, 21:03)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing caching on purpose to keep the API calls low. No intention to change that.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Does the cache expire after 7 days and then reload new trending info from trakt? Also if I fork the script and change the id and the api keys for trakt to my own is there an easy change to have the cache refresh faster for just the trending aspect or don't bother cause it is a silly endeavor?
If you're back any thoughts?

(2015-01-19, 13:17)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a weird one for you.Confused

Similar movies vs Similar shows

When there's no poster available I display the label like so

Code:
<control type="image">
    <top>48</top>
    <width>320</width>
    <height>480</height>
    <aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
    <texture fallback="views/movie_fallback.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture>
</control>
<control type="label">
    <left>18</left>
    <top>455</top>
    <width>290</width>
    <height>42</height>
    <font>Bold42</font>
    <autoscroll>false</autoscroll>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))</visible>
</control>

this works fine for The MovieDB similarmovies but for some reason it doesn't work for Trakt.tv similartvshowstrakt even though the poster is clearly empty because the fallback image is used.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
(2015-02-01, 00:55)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If you're back any thoughts?

(2015-01-19, 13:17)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a weird one for you.Confused

Similar movies vs Similar shows

When there's no poster available I display the label like so

Code:
<control type="image">
    <top>48</top>
    <width>320</width>
    <height>480</height>
    <aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
    <texture fallback="views/movie_fallback.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture>
</control>
<control type="label">
    <left>18</left>
    <top>455</top>
    <width>290</width>
    <height>42</height>
    <font>Bold42</font>
    <autoscroll>false</autoscroll>
    <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))</visible>
</control>

this works fine for The MovieDB similarmovies but for some reason it doesn't work for Trakt.tv similartvshowstrakt even though the poster is clearly empty because the fallback image is used.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
what does it return if you display the texture path as a label control?
A proper link but I get a DNS error when trying it in a web browser.

EDIT: Tried a working image but got a DNS error for that as well.
then thereĀ“s probably nothing i can do, sorry.
will have a quick look when i am back home.
Hello
Not possible to get plot for popularmovies is it available or not,or am I doing something wrong.
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=popularmovies)
<onclick>SetProperty(Plot,$ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(popularmovies.1.Plot)],58)</onclick>
(2015-01-18, 17:11)extremeaudio Wrote: [ -> ]Something weird has started happening, every time I go into my movie library or something a screen pops up displaying some recent movies (some of which are not even in my library) and when I click on a movie it takes me into the detailed information page like the ones in extended info script. In fact when this first happened I wasn't even sure what this might be and after looking into the logs I saw extended info script. I don't know how to keep it from popping up. I am using skin ace and I believe this comes bundled with that. I find it very handy for restoring skin settings so I don't want to uninstall it either. Is there some way I can stop this pop-up behavior? This never happened in the 2 odd years that I have been using ACE/ Ext Info

Yes This sounds awfully familiar to the same problem I'm having.
Running [Gotham 13.2, aeon mq5]
When you press "Movies" or "Video addons" in the menu. This appears:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4w7MCD...sp=sharing

So how do I get rid of it or disable it. And what is it?[/php]
Posted this in the Aeon Nox thread but I think it probably belongs here instead.

I'm running into an issue with the movies that are recognized. I have a bunch of movies that star Leonardo Decaprio. But in the first picture it only shows that I have 3 in my database. Plus it's showing the poster for Ghost Ship even though the movie is listed as Games of New York. In the second picture it says I only have 4 movies.

here are screenshots showing my issue.
Three movies Shows Ghost Ship poster but shows Gangs Of New York title

Four movies now in different order
Image]
The movies that are shown when pressing down (thus through extendedinfo) are all of the movies he has been in and the ones with the green/blue icon on them are in your library. I just checked and in my library I have 6 movies starring Leonardo and they are all listed first, and then it starts a chronological list of all the movies he has been in starting with the newest first. Here is an example of what I see running 14.1 final and git version of extendedinfo as of yesterday. This screenshot shows the last 3 of my 6 movies and the start of the newest movies he has been in.

I agree, sometimes there is wrong artwork for a movie as seen in my screenshot (shutter island, Inception) but I went right back in and re-ran it for him and it showed the correct art the 2nd time.