Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I get that it can show wrong artwork sometimes. But why is it saying I either have 3,4, or 6 movies in my database when as you can see in this picture I have 9 movies.

Then when I go to a movie that is on my computer but it says I don't have in the list I get a greyed out play button and I can't play it.

Did this happen once? Or does it happen all of the time? As I noted in my own mod of those panels, sometimes the complete filmography does not load. This will impact the number of movies available in the database and the appearance of artwork.

The only way phil can do anything is if you paste a debug log to Pastebin and provide a link in this thread.
Make sure you are using the most recent version of Steveb's panels because he has updated them twice.
The first time I used it it worked just fine and showed all my movies for the actor. Now it happens every time where it only shows a few of his movies and it's almost always different.

How do I get a debug log? And also where would I find Steveb's updates? I Just went and grabbed the stuff when I saw it on the Aeon Nox forum page.
To post a debug log, turn on debugging in the System settings. Restart Kodi. When the bug appears. Close Kodi.

To find the debug just created, navigate to the Userdata folder and open the txt file named "Kodi." The second to last debug log is named "Kodi.old.'

Select the entire log (Cntrl + A) and create a new paste at Pastebin. Pastebin will create a link to the paste that should be posted here for phil to see.

All of the active mods are found in the thread sticky "Mods & Themes" in the Aeon Nox forum. You will find Steveb's panels there. Try the newest version posted before attempting a debug log.
Thanks for the help. When I'm done moving my movies to a bigger hard drive I'll check for any updates and see how things look.
Phil, I'm seeing issues when trying to display info from the widgets in your skin when the program is a TV show. It just crashes out with the following in the log:
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 27, in __init__
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: self.control = StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\process.py", line 155, in StartInfoActions
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: dialog = DialogTVShowInfo(u'script-%s-DialogVideoInfo.xml' % addon_name, addon_path, id=params.get("id", ""), dbid=params.get("dbid", None), imdbid=params.get("imdbid", ""), name=params.get("name", ""))
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\DialogTVShowInfo.py", line 52, in __init__
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: if self.tmdb_id:
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: AttributeError: 'DialogTVShowInfo' object has no attribute 'tmdb_id'

Its clearly looking for a movie ID which of course it won't have. Not sure if this is a skin or script issue so posted here.
I have a widget using

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=trendingmovies</content> 

and would like to play the trailer for the selected item, however it opens the info window even if I have "Open InfoDialog by default" disabled in the script settings.

Anyone can confirm the same problem?
(2015-02-05, 23:00)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I have a widget using

PHP Code:

and would like to play the trailer for the selected item, however it opens the info window even if I have "Open InfoDialog by default" disabled in the script settings.

My widget plays the trailer, but I haven't tested it in a while since enabling the infodialog.
(2015-02-05, 22:50)jeffski10 Wrote: [ -> ]Phil, I'm seeing issues when trying to display info from the widgets in your skin when the program is a TV show. It just crashes out with the following in the log:
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 27, in __init__
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: self.control = StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\process.py", line 155, in StartInfoActions
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: dialog = DialogTVShowInfo(u'script-%s-DialogVideoInfo.xml' % addon_name, addon_path, id=params.get("id", ""), dbid=params.get("dbid", None), imdbid=params.get("imdbid", ""), name=params.get("name", ""))
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: File "D:\Users\JB\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\DialogTVShowInfo.py", line 52, in __init__
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: if self.tmdb_id:
20:46:26 T:9648 ERROR: AttributeError: 'DialogTVShowInfo' object has no attribute 'tmdb_id'

Its clearly looking for a movie ID which of course it won't have. Not sure if this is a skin or script issue so posted here.

complete log, please. Which version? 2.0.3?
(2015-02-06, 00:30)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]

PHP Code:

My widget plays the trailer, but I haven't tested it in a while since enabling the infodialog.

Mind sharing the code for it?
(2015-02-06, 00:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06, 00:30)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]

PHP Code:

I just tested now. The trailers no longer plays. You get the info dialog regardless if it is enabled or not. Something in the script has changed.
@phil65,

Is it possible to adding the following information for TV Shows? I say "possible" because I can see all of this information is publicly available at The Movie Database for most shows, but is not currently available in the script.

Missing MPAA Ratings flags and Season/Episode count:

Missing Plot, Runtime and Other information for Seasons and Episodes:

I was also hoping you could add the property Known For to the actor dialogue. I think this information would go great with the actor biography, perhaps placed right before the bio.
(2015-02-06, 02:35)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06, 00:51)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06, 00:30)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]My widget plays the trailer, but I haven't tested it in a while since enabling the infodialog.

I just tested now. The trailers no longer plays. You get the info dialog regardless if it is enabled or not. Something in the script has changed.

Glad it's not just me Wink Cheers

PHP Code:

should be fixed on GIT. Smile