Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uninstalled both scripts, then re-installed extended info and now I get a message to check the log.

Debug log

Looking at that it's the blur image function that doesn't work on Android causing the problem.
you still need script.module.buggalo Smile
I assumed that it would be installed when re-installing extended info seeing as it's a requirement.
I see. I think it has to do with removing frodo repo. You can download it manually here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/frodo/scri...e.buggalo/
Buggalo is showing up now and reporting 'The _imaging C module is not installed' which I guess is related to PIL not working on Android.

(2014-11-10, 02:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-10, 02:29)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]also keep in mind that PIL currently doesn't work on android at all:
5218 (PR)

yes, the ImageGrab() was only for testing and will probably get removed, the blur is intended to be used with an infolabel. (info=blur,id=$INFO[...])
didn´t know about the PIL-on-Android issue though. that´s a pity Sad
Is there a list of skins that have native support for replacing the dialoginfo with extendedinfo? I really love that script, but apparently a lot of skins don't support it yet.
(2015-02-16, 02:30)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a list of skins that have native support for replacing the dialoginfo with extendedinfo? I really love that script, but apparently a lot of skins don't support it yet.

replacing the dialog is a pretty big hack and shouldnt be done by any official-repository-skin at all. The stuff I am doing in my own skin version often just is a POC, not something which works for every user.
(2015-02-16, 02:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-16, 02:30)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a list of skins that have native support for replacing the dialoginfo with extendedinfo? I really love that script, but apparently a lot of skins don't support it yet.

replacing the dialog is a pretty big hack and shouldnt be done by any official-repository-skin at all. The stuff I am doing in my own skin version often just is a POC, not something which works for every user.

So, what is the intention of the script then if it doesn't improve the kind of boring standard dialog info?
(2015-02-16, 02:42)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-16, 02:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

So, what is the intention of the script then if it doesn't improve the kind of boring standard dialog info?

- allowing skinners to implement additional info to the skin by making use of almost 100 different online API calls, supporting both plugin:// and properties method. (also to some extent for the infodialogs)
- using the stand-alone version TheMovieDB browser by opening the script from Programs section which makes use of the infodialogs "natively"
- adding a button to movie info dialog which opens the extendedinfo dialog.
- completely replacing script.metadata.actors for person info.
- lot more

is that enough?
(2015-02-14, 00:03)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Buggalo is showing up now and reporting 'The _imaging C module is not installed' which I guess is related to PIL not working on Android.

(2014-11-10, 02:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-10, 02:29)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]also keep in mind that PIL currently doesn't work on android at all:
5218 (PR)

yes, the ImageGrab() was only for testing and will probably get removed, the blur is intended to be used with an infolabel. (info=blur,id=$INFO[...])

Try latest GIT, could be fixed now.
(2015-02-16, 02:42)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]So, what is the intention of the script then if it doesn't improve the kind of boring standard dialog info?
As an example, I'm using it in multiple ways in Arctic Zephyr.
1. To replace metadata actors -- pressing right from a cast member in DialogVideoInfo will launch extended info -- its kind of like going on a wikipedia journey where you keep following links to other movies and cast members etc. -- it *extends* out the video info dialog.
2. Use it for trending trakt movies/episodes widget - clicking the item launches extended info dialog as there would be nothing to play otherwise.
3. Browsing extra info about a movie from osd controls.

There are so many possible uses for skins, can do some really cool stuff with this amazing script - particularly with the ability to fill list content from a plugin.
(2015-02-16, 06:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-16, 02:42)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]So, what is the intention of the script then if it doesn't improve the kind of boring standard dialog info?
As an example, I'm using it in multiple ways in Arctic Zephyr.
1. To replace metadata actors -- pressing right from a cast member in DialogVideoInfo will launch extended info -- its kind of like going on a wikipedia journey where you keep following links to other movies and cast members etc. -- it *extends* out the video info dialog.
2. Use it for trending trakt movies/episodes widget - clicking the item launches extended info dialog as there would be nothing to play otherwise.
3. Browsing extra info about a movie from osd controls.

There are so many possible uses for skins, can do some really cool stuff with this amazing script - particularly with the ability to fill list content from a plugin.

I tried the latest git checkout of your skin (very nice btw) with the latest checkout of extendedinfo, but when I click on cast in dialoginfo, I only get a list of the movies and shows I have, but not all the information extendedinfo would offer. It works through the OSD though. Any help on that?
(2015-02-16, 04:45)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-14, 00:03)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Buggalo is showing up now and reporting 'The _imaging C module is not installed' which I guess is related to PIL not working on Android.

(2014-11-10, 02:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, the ImageGrab() was only for testing and will probably get removed, the blur is intended to be used with an infolabel. (info=blur,id=$INFO[...])

Try latest GIT, could be fixed now.

It works for a couple of actors but then Buggalo reports the same error in default.py at line 27.

Debug log
(2015-02-16, 12:22)wripet Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the latest git checkout of your skin (very nice btw) with the latest checkout of extendedinfo, but when I click on cast in dialoginfo, I only get a list of the movies and shows I have, but not all the information extendedinfo would offer. It works through the OSD though. Any help on that?

Like I said - pressing right from the cast member activates extendedinfo - pressing ok like you found launches the default xbmc action. There is no way to override this without using a fake list. Don't want to derail this thread too much so ask further questions about the skin in its own thread.
Anyone else experiencing troubles starting the add-on lately? I have tried several I* nightly builds, and EI crashes 100% of the time, regardless of how it was started (starting from the add-on browser, through context menu buttons, buttons in movie info dialog, etc). I also tried phil's skin to make sure it's not an issue with my skin, but same story there. Also restored defaults and deleted the cache.