Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah but it should just be an additional infolabel for the currently existing calls, not separate calls, right?
(2015-03-28, 17:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah but it should just be an additional infolabel for the currently existing calls, not separate calls, right?

Well can't we make it possible to let the skinner call it for every item he displays, in the library etc? It's on the local disc after the first call anyway, but I might be wrong and this could really hurt the performance.
correct. not worth it, the only somehow sane way would be to add it to some service script, but even then I do not really like the idea.
Well I can understand the appeal and why users do want it :/
Well even when adding it to a service script it could only be displayed for the actual focused item. It's too workaround-ish, so sorry, no.
yeah, I would also think this would be better in a scrapper but as far as I know there is no unused database field where we could save something like this (well I haven't searched)
(2015-03-30, 10:17)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, I would also think this would be better in a scrapper but as far as I know there is no unused database field where we could save something like this (well I haven't searched)

well you could misuse the art field because you can write custom stuff in there but that's too workaround-ish for my taste. (+stuff like that is definitely not allowed for official repository)
(2015-03-30, 10:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 10:17)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, I would also think this would be better in a scrapper but as far as I know there is no unused database field where we could save something like this (well I haven't searched)

well you could misuse the art field because you can write custom stuff in there but that's too workaround-ish for my taste. (+stuff like that is definitely not allowed for official repository)

yeah, thats nothing I would even consider. So it can't be done unless we get some core changes that allows us to do something about this. Probably the same thing as trying to safe non imdb ids.
Well thank you for pointing it out!
(2015-03-30, 14:55)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 10:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

yeah, thats nothing I would even consider. So it can't be done unless we get some core changes that allows us to do something about this. Probably the same thing as trying to safe non imdb ids.
correct. Being able to save tmdb ids in database for example would save a hell lot of pain Smile
(2015-03-30, 15:20)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 14:55)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 10:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]well you could misuse the art field because you can write custom stuff in there but that's too workaround-ish for my taste. (+stuff like that is definitely not allowed for official repository)

correct. Being able to save tmdb ids in database for example would save a hell lot of pain Smile

Yeah, thats why I brought it up :/
Hi Guys - I'm having trouble finding an extendedinfo script install that will work. I'm running a Minix box with Gotham and Aeon MQ5 and I've tried the latest version of extendedinfo script and back to version 2.0.1 but each time I try to install from the zip file it just takes me back to the install from zip screen. However, when I access ES File Explorer I can see that the folder and files have been created yet there is nothing showing in my programs. I don't have trouble installing any other zip files. Any ideas or a version that will work?

Thanks in advance
(2015-03-30, 22:20)Ivabigone Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys - I'm having trouble finding an extendedinfo script install that will work. I'm running a Minix box with Gotham and Aeon MQ5 and I've tried the latest version of extendedinfo script and back to version 2.0.1 but each time I try to install from the zip file it just takes me back to the install from zip screen. However, when I access ES File Explorer I can see that the folder and files have been created yet there is nothing showing in my programs. I don't have trouble installing any other zip files. Any ideas or a version that will work?

Thanks in advance
you shouldnt install from zip file. it's on the official repository.
Thanks Phil. I'm probably asking a stupid question but where is the official repository?

I've been trawling the site and found this but it just has links to github (zip files) http://kodi.wiki/view/Official_Add-on_Re...guidelines

I've installed the total installer repo and then installed the extendedinfo addon and it went through the install process successfully but it still hasn't added it to my programs. I've used your link to github but that is just a zip file.

Apologies for my stupidity
Official repo is accessible from settings > addons > get addons
Ah ok. In which case I'm back to my original problem. When I bought my Minix about a month ago with Gotham pre-installed I was able to install extendedinfo script as per your instructions. When I went into my movies extendedinfo script randomly kept opening so I disabled it as at the time I didn't didn't know it was extendedinfo causing the issue. After I disabled it I then could not locate it anywhere and now I'm trying to re-install it. How do I go about getting it back?