Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Phil

I've just started using the Movie Database TV show scraper but now 'similar shows' have stopped working even though there appears to be code in Extended Info for using tmdb_id.

Debug log querying the TVDB first and then TMDB second.

Thanks.
(2015-10-30, 06:23)guido1138 Wrote: [ -> ]HI Phil,
Many thanks for making this indispensible script. I expect you're quite busy these days, but I'm hoping if you have a moment you might comment on my earlier post regarding the 'info=extendedepisodeinfo' call:

All the best...

EDIT: A log of the extendedinfo call is here as requested. However, my original question was around the status of 'extenedepisodeinfo' based on your earlier post --- whether still an undocumented WIP or not --- so if you could also comment on that I'd really appreciate it.
Hi Phil, I'm not sure you had a chance to look into this since I posted the log as you requested, but I wanted to give a little update...

I updated to the latest git version after noticing a log exception that you recently fixed, but I still see the same behaviour as before: the extendedepisodeinfo dialog has only the title and release date displayed, without the plot shown (same as Post #1424). There are also no errors or exceptions in the debug log this time.

I checked the cached TMDB text file listed in the log, and it does include the plot information: 6655da7087ad403a3ae360e3b29a2210.txt.

Another thought I had was there might be a problem with the script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogVideoInfo.xml file used in Eminence 2. To rule this out, I set "Force native appearance" in Extendedinfo and tried again the extendedepisodeinfo call. The dialog style/theme changed as expected, but still showed only title and date, without plot or other details.

My thanks if you could look into this, offer other testing suggestions, or clarify expected behaviour for extendedepisode info.

Best regards...
Hi,

Having problems with the all of a sudden I get 2 error messages all the time:

cannot get session id
login failed.

Have checked username and pwd for tmdb and they work on their website?

I don't have a log yet so just wondering if anyone else is / has had this issue?
(2015-10-02, 18:49)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]will look into 3)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2121494
Phil, Hate to remind you, but it's really annoying that we can't manually search for subtitles.. I Hope you'll have time to take a look please,
let me know if tests is needed or any help, maybe you can just point me to the relevant code, ill find someone else to fix it.
much appreciated.
Hi Phil,
I really enjoy your script. I have been trying to do some little modifications on it so I can make more use of it. I prefer extended's built-in youtube browser/player over the default kodi youtube-addo beause it's so much more esthetically pleasing.
So for instance I edited the default.py so it will let me start in TV/Youtube-mode but there's this bug I can not seem to get rid off, probably because I am not a proper developer. I was wondering if you or anybody else here might give me some advice/pointers on how to fix it?

Ok, so I've added this to the default.py

Code:
elif param.startswith('mode=tv1'):
                from resources.lib.WindowManager import wm
                wm.open_video_list(force=True,
                                   media_type="tv",
                                   prev_window=None)

so I can start in TV Show-mode by doing "RunScript(script.extendedinfo,mode=tv1)" but when I do that and then back out of Extended I always have to go through the movie-list. If I start extended the normal way and change to "TV Show" and back out that doesn't happen. What to do to get it working as I want it? (i.e. start with type: "TV Show" and not having to go through type: Movie when backing out of extended info)
Hello Phil

First of all thanks! for this gr8 script.

Feature Request:

Could you add "Similar Artists" (Last FM) to the Script

Think it would fit in Nicely.

--

Additional Infos in case it is of any Interest:

In Helix i use the artistslideshow-skript to provide this Infos. It worked from Time to Time but not verry smooth.
Now with Isengard it stop working No Idea why, (think the Autor from the Artistslideshow-script hase also no clue) + it seems he don't care ConfusedSad.

Anyway; think "Similar Artists" would fit in much better in your ExtendendInfo-script.
As you already catch some Information from Last.fm i was hoping it wouldnd need to much efford to include "Similar Artists" to.

Would be cool if you could give it a go. / if you dicide to give it a go.

Regards.
(2015-11-04, 12:23)Tomislawww Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

In Mimic skin I get extendedinfo script errors when I open info dialog.

LOG

I have the same problem, anyone got any idea how to solve this ?

log: http://pastebin.com/84QwTj1S
same problem for me as these guys

(2015-11-22, 15:57)edd-- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 12:23)Tomislawww Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

In Mimic skin I get extendedinfo script errors when I open info dialog.

LOG

I have the same problem, anyone got any idea how to solve this ?

log: http://pastebin.com/84QwTj1S
Hi Phil,
I've this error in debug log:
Code:
17:24:52 T:11012   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('mbid',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pino71\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py", line 91, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\pino71\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py", line 21, in __init__
                                                start_info_actions(self.infos, self.params)
                                              File "C:\Users\pino71\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\process.py", line 48, in start_info_actions
                                                discography = get_artist_albums(params.get("artist_mbid"))
                                              File "C:\Users\pino71\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\LastFM.py", line 218, in get_artist_albums
                                                return handle_lastfm_albums(results)
                                              File "C:\Users\pino71\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\LastFM.py", line 81, in handle_lastfm_albums
                                                'mbid': album['mbid'],
                                            KeyError: ('mbid',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:24:52 T:5888   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=discography&&artistname=Georgie Fame

Can you help me?
(2015-11-22, 00:30)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Feature Request:

Could you add "Similar Artists" (Last FM) to the Script

Think it would fit in Nicely.

Did send you a PM

no luck on my side.

Regards.
Hi Phil,

Just noticed opening "script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogVideoInfo.xml" and "script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogInfo.xml" closes "script-ExtendedInfo Script-VideoList.xml" and all other active dialogs (like "DialogVideoInfo.xml"). Since they are identified as dialogs in their title, just asking if this is normal behavior ? It breaks somehow my dialog management system (dialogs stacking, it clears the stack) since it doesn't follow the dialog rules. I also tried adding type="dialog" but no luck ... it seems to be hard coded. Any chance to get them work like dialogs, at least with using the type="dialog" in window structure, so it won't break other skins code ?

Thanks in advance.
Is it possible to open a TVshows information window? In addition to the movies / actors / directors.
(2015-11-27, 18:34)finalmakerr Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to open a TVshows information window? In addition to the movies / actors / directors.

RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedtvinfo,name=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle])
(2015-06-07, 20:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Google AutoCompletion possible for DialogKeyBoard.xml now, too Smile
Code:
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=autocomplete&amp;&amp;id=$INFO[Control.GetLabel(312).index(1)]
(Isengard-only)

Hi
Can someone please hep me integrate this with Transparency skin?
Im trying to do it myself with no luck :\