Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New complete Scan when changing one Song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm having some problems with the library of XBMC (12.1).

I have sorted my music by albums. For all Songs which don't belong to an album, I have an own folder. There are ~3000 Songs in it.
When run "update library" after I deleted one of the songs of this folder or changed the artist in the ID3-Tag, XBMC first deletes ALL of these 3000 Songs and then reimports them (also reimports the album covers and artist information). In normal album folders, this would't be this annoying, but in the "big" folder it is.

Of course, this takes a lot of time and is unnecessary, because just one song changed.
How can I avoid this?

Thanks in advance.
Can't you exit library mode and select the individual file to scan to library?
Maybe I could, but normally I change 2-4 files per week and then some days later I run the update. I don't want to remember, which files I changed. Is there any other possibility?
This is a little left-field, but when you alter the tag it should set a new file date, so if in file view you browse to your directory folder and sort by date it should have the ones you've recently changed at the top.
Hm, yes but this only works, if I change some tags - not if I delete a song. I'd like if XBMC would just update the updated ones.