Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: audio scewed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have lost all sound, my system spec are at the bottom of this. there is also a liitle red icon, on the upper right hand corner - speaker with a bar through it. I have examined every setting I could find, in xbmc, to turn this off to no avail.
this started because I had sound with some shows and not others. then I read the windows audio topic. the first thing I did was get rid of all realtec as per dieections. this, it seems, also got rid of all sound (a thought based on absolutely nothing). I then tried to change output to analog, 2 speakers, etc. nope. I should add that I can only change my output in system/audio (top), Other than that I only have a single output device; Nvidia high definition audio, My device manager has four of these, each exactly the same as the other (3 should probably be deleted but I am paranoid). Under sound i also have:
audio codecs
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
video codecs

I went to the nvidia control panel but that just takes me to the windows sound oages and, again, the ONLY output device is the nvidia high definition audio. I can goto sounds, under sounds and devices (windows) and test, and get, sound just fine. then I downloaded vlc and found that it had no problem with the sound.

obviously I have sbmc well and truly screwed up. ANY thoughts would be appreciated!

Windows: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702
Memory (RAM): 3071 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
CPU Speed: 2612.3 MHz
Sound Card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio |

Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Monitors: 1x; Plug and Play Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1864 X 1004 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport | NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: 2x (F: | G: | ) F: SONY DVD RW DRU-190A | G: SDKX U38TU70PA
Ports: COM1 LPT1
Mouse: 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 931.5GB | D: 931.5GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 270.1GB | D: 521.6GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
Manufacturer *: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make *: N61PB-M2S
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 06/16/08 | Nvidia - 42302e31
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Battery Status: No Battery
Motherboard *: BIOSTAR Group N61PB-M2S
IP Address: 192.168.1.4 | 10.200.2.209 |
MAC Address: 00-26-F2-4D-DD-27
Host Name: MOVIES
SM BIOS: 6.00 PG
XBMC is mute. Press 'F8' to toggle mute or increase the volume by pressing 'F10'.
WoW! I will give that a try, thanks! I also notyiced, this morning that it wanted to re-install real stuff again. I also found another entry in my device manager but, this time, its for a device which is attached to the high definition bus which seems to be the nvidia high definition audio bus (same location) whIch, in turn, I think is the real stuff. so, now, I have 5 high definition audio things in my device manager. Oh, even though I did not re-install the real drivers I did get back half my sound (some shows yes and some, no).