Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashes when playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using XBMC on Fedora 18 x86_64 for a few weeks now for playing videos and streaming from various places like Project Free TV, etc. Tonight I added my music collection into the library and so far it has crashed 6 times in the past 30 minutes. Here is the shell output and crash report from the latest:

Assertion '!m->thread || !pa_thread_is_running(m->thread) || !in_worker(m)' failed at pulse/thread-mainloop.c:169, function pa_threaded_mainloop_lock(). Aborting.
/usr/bin/xbmc: lĂ­nea 137: 10632 Abortado (`core' generado) "$LIBDIR/xbmc/xbmc.bin" $SAVED_ARGS
which: no lsb_release in (/usr/lib64/ccache:/usr/libexec/lightdm:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/nostar/.local/bin:/home/nostar/bin:/home/nostar/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools)
Crash report available at /home/nostar/xbmc_crashlog-20130327_002233.log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7341
Please delete your log from your post, and put it on xbmclogs or pastebin.
Upgrade to 12.1 I have fixed that pulseaudio song change crash there.

If you build from source anyways, include those patches: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2240
I was running the fedora package xbmc-12.0-1.fc18.x86_64. I just built from latest git, and running it from the source tree. I'll probably stick to git from now on, as I'm gonna start hacking & tinkering soon.

FYI, to build on Fedora I had to configure with CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/afpfs-ng -I/usr/include/samba-4.0" in order to build.

In file included from /usr/include/afpfs-ng/map_def.h:4:0,
from DllLibAfp.h:30,
from AFPFile.h:31,
from FileFactory.cpp:76:
/usr/include/afpfs-ng/afp.h:10:26: error fatal: afp_protocol.h: No such file or directory

There is no pkg-config file for this lib, but I noticed that the 3 afp includes all have the directory hard coded. If the flag was added to the autostools config and removed from those includes, that would fix this problem without breaking it for anyone else.

SmbFile.cpp:30:26: error fatal: libsmbclient.h: No such file or directory

pkg-config reports the correct path on my system, maybe it wasn't checked by autostools?
$ pkg-config --cflags smbclient
-I/usr/include/samba-4.0

Just my $0.02

So, when is xbmc gonna switch to waf? Smile