Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Stacking with multi-disc .vob files???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm new to this world but for the past 3 weeks I have been scouring this forum for answers to the many questions I have come across while setting up XMBC. To everyone, thanks for the help.

My HTPC system is a dedicated Win7 x64 Home, 8Gb, AMD A6-3600, ASRock A75-ITX, Samsung 64Gb SSD, yada, yada. Using XMBC 12 and all my movie files are .vob's, each movie in a separate directory.

I have two questions I have not been able to find SUFFICIENT answers for so here I am. My 2nd question will be posted separately so I don't muddy the waters.

I have searching and reading the XMBC wiki about file stacking but I still don't understand it. The examples given don't fit my scenario.

I have 2 multi-disc movies that are in .vob format. The movies are Grand Prix which came on 2 discs and Amadeus which is one disc with 2 sides and you physically have to flip the disc over. I guess these were done before dual layer. http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies/frown.png

Anyway, the structure I am currently using is a directory for each movie (named with the movie title) with the relevant .ifo and .vob files. But for these 2 movies I can't combine all the files because of name duplicates between to the 2 discs (or 2 sides). I use CloneDVD2 to create my files from disc and maybe there is some solution there that I am unawares of.

Basically I want the 2 multi-part movies to be seen as one movie.

Thanks for any assistance.