Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to mount external storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

Last week I received my CuBox and already managed to install XMBC on it. But I have the problem that I cannot find the directorys from external mass storage devices like USB Sticks or eSATA HDD's.
At least the USB Slot of the CuBox works fine, because I had to install XMBC via the CuBox installer wich was on a USB stick.

Everything on XMBC works fine up to now but I cannot find the external storages in the file manager. From older Linux distributions like Suse I know that you had to mount external drives like floppy etc. newer distributions had an automount function.

Can anybody help me out?

My System:
Linux 3.4.6 #8 PREEMT Sun Jul 22 14:18:53 MDT 2012 armv7l

XMBC 12.0-Alpha4 Git:20120723-baf9292 (compiled: Jul 23 2012)

Thanks a lot!!
First of all you've installed an old alpha version of XBMC which most certainly isn't what you want. Second, what Linux distribution are you running? CuBox website says it uses Android?
I think I'm using Xilka.
It is also possible with geexbox. Curently i'm not sure, because its booting into XMBC directly.

Of course andoid can be installed on CuBox as well.
go to a shell / login with ssh and

Code:
uname -a

Code:
cat /etc/*release
Add to that, try the mount command and it will tell you where things are mounted.

dmesg will also be informative straight after plugging in an external.