Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where is the .xml's that control library paths? Is <addpath> still available?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where are the .xml files that would allow me to do the following...

1. Add directory paths to given menu items to let the library scan. I think it was called <addpath>.
2. Add/Delete home items.

The below is hypothetical consisting of only 1 main menu entry, with 2 sub entries, but it is what I'm looking for.

Once upon a time, it was this simple...

Code:
<home>

<entry="Movies">

<entry="Kids">
      <addpath>"~/__Movies/Cartoons"</addpath>
      <addpath>"~/__Movies/PBS"</addpath>
    </entry>

<entry="OldPeople">
      <addpath>"~/__Movies/BlackAndWhite"</addpath>
      <addpath>"~/__Movies/Silent"</addpath>
      <addpath>"~/__Movies/Color"</addpath>
    </entry>

</entry>

<home>

Last time I used XBMC was ~2005, I remember configuring XBMC this way and prefer this type of method. I've read about "Smart Playlists" and "Party Mode", not wanted or needed. A lot of posts on here assume you will be using XBMC to configure XBMC even on a remote machine, that will not be the case for me.
On v11, Eden, where is /usr/share/xbmc/system/library/ ?

The custom node introduction states that Confluence will put the custom nodes in sub lists, does that include Home?

Also, it mentions Confluence does not allow you to place "where" you want them, I assume if I want to order my Home menu items I will have to edit Confluence directly?

Finally, at the end of the introduction "4 Creating a Custom parent node", it states this...

Quote:You can also create a nested node structure as can be observed in the "unflattened" default structure from above (under video). Then you simply create a folder containing valid xml node files and also include a "index.xml" file that looks like this (which of course can be adapted to the type of media required):

Not sure how the word "folder" is being used, does it mean a directory on the fs, or a "XBMC Folder" like videodb://1/3? If it means create a directory on the fs, then where does it need to exist? In ~/.xbmc/ ? I'm not sure what it is implying here, slightly confusing. As it mentions what I pasted below, there is no links to the reference for the words bolded below.

Can I simply change this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
<label>342</label>
<icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>

to this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
<label>342</label>
<icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>
You need Frodo12.0
For location see userdata
This is amazingly complicated, nothing like it was. I'll setup something else for them. Anyways, thank you for trying to help :-)

Btw, are you the same Martijn from Xbox-Scene? If so, thanks for helping me then too! Without you more specifically than others back then, my son could of never found his movies and games at that age! _WE_ thank you ;-)