Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Analog for HDMI Sound ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

After a hardware failure and fresh install with 12.04 ubuntu I didnt have any sound but then noticed that if I installed xbmc from software center it was version 11.0 or something.

After installing 12.1 if I select analog for sound it works

Question I have is my reciever in a NAD and can take almost any format of sound and not it only says Multi PCM sound instead for DTS if it was DTS

Is this ok am I getting the proper sound from analog or should I work on the audio properties to get the hdmi selection working?
Start with a debug log, there we can all see what your computer, e.g. the hdmi device supports.
I have the same problem since upgrade to 12.1, only analog audio output is selectable and nothing has changed except xbmc.
@Derek:
You posted that now twice in two very different threads. Nobody on earth can help if you don't start posting xbmc.log to a pastebin near you.
okay here is log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7655

Now I haven't change my audio settings yet or anything

Just when the movie has no sound I select analog
You need to enable debug logging, without it the log is pretty useless. Post a screenshot of your audio output settings as well.
@snuffy47:
HDA NVidia NAD T748 <- that one is the correct audio device. The log clearly says: AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI - so there should be the possibility to select HDMI from the settings menu.
Try to only enable AC3 and DTS for first testing - keep AAC, DTS-HD, TrueHD disabled.

Second what I see: You also have pulseaudio running, which can interfer with our current ALSA implementation
Code:
sudo apt-get remove libasound2-plugins pulseaudio
sudo reboot
Sorry was doing some traveling

I did what was asked set to the NAD output and removed pulseaudio

Now I have no sound at all and when going into the sound setting output it no longer shows my card

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10092

pretty please need some more help

Also just noticed after taking screenie that the setting to select NAD reciever will not stay it defaults to what is there now
Your log still has it.

It could be, that it looses the connection, when the sink is unloaded after 10 seconds.
put this to /home/yourXbmcUser/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Happy testing.
Hello All

I am just getting back to this.

I do not have an advancesettings.xml file in that location

Still having problems
(2013-05-29, 02:33)snuffy47 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not have an advancesettings.xml file in that location
You will have when you have written it.
okie dokie back at it

Hope I update soon lol
Okay have no idea how but I got it too working using items above.

Only problem is I have no sound on my desktop now only in xbmc Sad
(Deleted)
I have since reloaded to XBMCbuntu but still having problems

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174275

Is new thread
Pages: 1 2