Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to control a local host, with no network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was wondering if this is possible. I would like to control XBMC on my android phone, using XBMC remote on the same phone. If so what settings do I use? This is for offline use.

What I am trying to do is use my phone as a media player on holidays, plugged into a TV. But the XBMC control buttons are very tiny on a phone screen, so I would like to be able to use XBMC remote instead to control XBMC on the same phone. I realise when the remote is launched it will take over the screen, but XBMC should still be running in the background allowing me to quickly switch to the remote to pause, rewind or whatever, and then switch back to XBMC.

Hope that makes sense!

My phone is a Sony Xperia S and I have XBMC 12.1 installed.

Thanks.
When you specify IP did you try using loopback 127.0.0.1?
Just tried that, did not work unfortunately. Says "Connection refused. Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running."
Don't know much about phones, but can you have XBMC running in the background while your remote control app is in the foreground? Or is it quiesced?

Have you tried a skin such as Touched to see if it's easier to navigate than a standard skin on a touchscreen device?
Ah ok it looks like I got this wrong. XBMC stops when it's in the background and resumes when you activate it again.
I'll check out the touched skin.

Thanks.