Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio hogs is still here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have Archlinux, and for use XBMC 12 without audio hogs, you must remove pulseaudio.

XBMC 12.1 goes out with "XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux" so i re-install my pulseaudio and the problem came back Sad high CPU load + audio hogs.

I don't want to remove pulseaudio again so i search a lot, and found that change this option fix XBMC 12.1 with pulseaudio : Glitches, skips or crackling
---> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pul..._crackling

XBMC 12.1 works fine like this, but all the rest of the computer sound (youtube, ...) doesn't work anymore !

Thanks for you help, i hope we gonna found a solution.

Computer : XS35GT V2
DAC : HRT music streamer 2
xbmc uses the audio device exclusively when it is running. After 10 seconds of idleing the audio device is freed and can be taken from other applications. This also works for applications that are started via the external players.

If you enable debug logging, you can see messages like: "Suspended the Sink" and "Resumed the Sink"
Thanks for your fast answers,

So, for you, the best solution is just to not install pulseaudio and wait 10 seconde when i stop the music and want to see a youtube video ?
xbmc has a youtube plugin :-)

But - yes. that would be an idea.